Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2001 12:47:07 PM EDT
I'm thinking of getting a Colt MT6700, but I'm getting mixed signals about whether it's a chromed barrel and chamber. On this website, under "Colt AR-15 Serial number List", it says all model 67xx are not chrome lined unless stated.  But in the "Maryland Shooters Site", under "AR-15 Brands" (great site, BTW!), they say ALL Colt chambers and bores are chromed.  Which is it?  Would I have to get a Bushy to get a 1/9 twist chromed bore and chamber?  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 1/22/2001 4:26:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/22/2001 4:34:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I read that the chambers were chrome lined but the barrels are not unless specified.  It also said that some of the older chambers were not chrome lined.  Which ones?
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 5:48:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 9:35:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Forest,

My bad.  I don't know how I missed that.  I'm not real familiar with barrel types yet, so let's just cut to the chase....what model post-ban Colt has a 20-inch 1:9 chromed barrel?  Thanks again for the help.
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 10:55:20 AM EDT
[#5]
No 20" post-ban 1/9 Colts have chrome-lined barrels that I know of.  Conversely, all Bushmaster 20" 1/9 barrels are chrome-lined.
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 11:25:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, then it looks like Bushmaster is getting a sale next week! I really wanted a Colt, but from what I've read on these forums, the quality is comparable ("ford vs. chevy"), and the 1:9 twist is preferable, as is the chrome bore.  It'll be interesting to see how my brother-in-law's MT6551 shoots compared to a Bushy XM15e2s.  The only difference being the Colt's 1:7 twist and the Bushy's HBAR.
Thanks for the input, guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top