Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2001 5:04:21 PM EDT
Dumb question, taking apart my front sight on my mak 90.  Got the front sight post out, and not sure how to put it back in (just had to use that new toll to see how it works!).  I don't want to strip it putting it back in.  Do I just add pressure?  The post itself is "split" up the middle 3/4 of the way up from the bottom, which looks like it would cause pressure on the post while it was in.  It dosen't seem like it will go "right in".  Am I missing some trick?  I just don't want to strip any threads due to ignorance.  Any help would be thankful.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Figured it out.  Just got "freaked", still have to clean some other guns, and I hate leaving a gun apart at the end of the night! thks
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Squeeze the split shut with pliers while you start screwing the post in. You've learned a lesson, after you manage to get it back in, you'll never want to remove it again! [;)]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Oops, too slow!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top