Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2001 10:47:13 AM EDT
I took delivery of a Dan Wesson Firearms Pointman Guardian Duce. It is custom laser engraved "091101 WTC" underneath the ejection port and on the left side of the slide "All Gave Some, Some Gave All" in honor of the heroes killed during the World Trade Center terrorist attack.  

This particular 1911 I purchased is the actual test model that was reviewed in an upcoming issue of "Combat Handguns".It's already a celebrity! You can check out the entire Pointman series at [url]www.danwessonfirearms.com[/url]

Also thanks to Bill Jefferey at Dan Wesson Firearms for being patient with me and helping me get the 1911 I wanted. Give him a call at (607)336-1174 and he'll hook you up with what you need.

I'm very satisfied with the spectacular craftsmanship and overall appearance of the gun. I was only able to put 50 rounds through it this morning but it was very apparent to me that this pistol is freakin' accurate!!![pistol]
I can't wait for this weekend to put a whole mess of rounds through it![heavy]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:56:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#2]
congratulations on your new purchase and your fitting tribute.my first 1911 was picked up the week before  last,and is a springfield px9806l in a green nato finish.i purchased it to "help stimulate the economy",i fill i helped to do my part.[pistol]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#3]
About how much did that cost, anyway?  You're making me envious.   [NI]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Wave and Slug,
 Welcome to the world of the 1911!
 It's truly a great realm, it's almost a cultish following.
 Got two and want a Springfield but I'm now thinking I need a Dan Wesson now.
 Oooh the 1911 fever can really get to you.
 Congradulations, guys.  Hope you all enjoy one of the greatest combat handguns of all time.

Pakrat
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wave and Slug,
 Welcome to the world of the 1911!
 It's truly a great realm, it's almost a cultish following.
 Got two and want a Springfield but I'm now thinking I need a Dan Wesson now.
 Oooh the 1911 fever can really get to you.
 Congradulations, guys.  Hope you all enjoy one of the greatest combat handguns of all time.

Pakrat
View Quote

Well make sure you call Bill Jefferey and tell him that crazy Police Officer in NYC sent you!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
About how much did that cost, anyway?  You're making me envious.   [NI]
View Quote

Let's just say that it cost me way less than the Kimber I was looking at. Someone else mentioned it (I think it was Delamarksman) but, "HOW THE HELL CAN THEY OFFER SUCH QUALITY AT SUCH A LOW PRICE???" Even though I still want a Kimber(bitten by 1911 bug!!!) I'm very happy the Dan Wesson was my first![pistol][beer]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Awesome.  I'm happy Del and I were able to talk you into calling them, and impressed that you were willing to go with the "new guy" dispite the tidal wave of Kimber suggestions.  (Not a knock on Kimber at all, they rock too.)

[url]http://handguns.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=147[/url]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool, you got a one of a kind upper unit.  Can I shot you pistol please?
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#9]
My 1911 parked the rest of my autopistols in the closet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top