Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2001 9:02:52 AM EDT
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/20011015/aponline122724_000.htm
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:03:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess these terrorists aren't all bad.

This one definitely deserves it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:05:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/20011015/aponline122724_000.htm[/url]
View Quote

Whoohoo!! Death to Tyrants!
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think we should celebrate any of the terror attacks.
We are at war, and if this was an attack made by a foreign enemy, you shouldn't be happy.
That's not right.
Now if he were to slip in his bathtub....
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:14:17 AM EDT
[#4]
This is fishy.
Why would the terrorists target the people that are making it easier for them to terrorize?
I wonder how all this will turn out.
I just hope this isn't some "Right wing militia extremest group armed with antrax and machine gun sniper rifles."
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:16:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll bet it is.
Remember a few years ago that guy they caught trying to smuggle anthrax into the US?

I think some so called "patriots" out there really hate America, not just her government.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, this is suspicious.  Brokaw and now Daschle.  Somehow I don't think these two are at the top of Osama's list.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:57:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Major is spot-on,

Some of you need to see beyond your guns.

Tom Daschle is an American.  He was elected to represent the people of his state.  We are at war.  This is an attack on America and warrants a swift response no matter what.

-SARguy
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes, this is suspicious.  Brokaw and now Daschle.  Somehow I don't think these two are at the top of Osama's list.  
View Quote

You have to figure that the ground level terrorists aren't that smart, at least concerning American culture. They saw these guys on TV a lot, probably saw some tabloid in a grocery store, heard the name Microsoft a lot, and sent these letters to what they considered the most public targets to get the most publicity.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:18:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I fully agree with you SARguy Mr. Daschle may not be one of the gun enthusiasts favorite senators but HE IS AN AMERICAN.  I may not agree with him politically but I think we all need to see the bigger picture HE IS AN AMERICAN! Sending anthrax through the mail will not only affect the recipient but may have an effect on anyone whose letters happen to be in the same mailbag, although the risk is small. The no jewelled bastards who are doing this are our enemy no matter where they come from. I hope Mr. Daschle and anyone who was threatened by the contaminated letter do not become ill. Yes I wish Mr. Daschle the best!
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#10]
It sounds like this anthrax was sent from the same area of NJ where the anthrax addressed to Brokau came from.

The targets picked, the type of anthrax spores delivered (non-weapon grade), and method of delivery sounds like the work of domestic terrorists to me!

DaMan
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:33:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I guess these terrorists aren't all bad.

This one definitely deserves it.
View Quote

These terrorists are definately going after the right people, in these cases anyway.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:34:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:39:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Liberty, cc48510 and Smeghead,

Are you stupid?

WE ARE AT WAR. TERRORISTS ARE ATTACKING THE UNITED STATES. YOU ARE CELEBRATING THEIR VICTORIES.  WAKE UP!

Would you be happy if you found out that a downed pilot voted for Gore?
Will you say, "woohoo!" when you hear that a soldier who is killed voted Democrat?

Be good Americans, if you're up to it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Liberty, cc48510 and Smeghead,

Are you stupid?

WE ARE AT WAR. TERRORISTS ARE ATTACKING THE UNITED STATES. YOU ARE CELEBRATING THEIR VICTORIES.  WAKE UP!

Would you be happy if you found out that a downed pilot voted for Gore?
Will you say, "woohoo!" when you hear that a soldier who is killed voted Democrat?

Be good Americans, if you're up to it.
View Quote

Couldn't have said it better myself, Major.

-SARguy
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I have to agree with Major-Murphy, we may not like Tom Daschle but he is an American however misguided. I always remember the song by the Charlie Daniels Band "In America", one line talks about how we may fight amoung ourselves "But you outside people best leave us alone". We will probably always have Tom Daschle types to annoy us but dealing with them is our political duty and not some foreigners business.

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Who cares if he is an American? Louis Farrakhan is an American and so was Jeffrey Dahmer, does that mean I shouldn't talk shit about them? What about everybody that wishes Rosie O was dead? Remember she is an American too. If you feel so strongly about respecting everyone because they are an American I expect to see all of you same people standing up for all of the other worthless trash that just happen to be citizens of this great nation of ours.

I as an American can think for myself and state my opinion whenever I want, which is part of the benefits that we as Americans enjoy over those from other countries.

As long as Tom Daschle tries to stomp on my Constitution rights I will wish him dead. I don't really care how or by whom, be it a car wreck or anthrax, dead is dead. If he changes his stance and decides to honor his oath of office and protect the Constitution of the United States of American I will recant anything I have bad to say about him. If/until that ever happens I think he deserves whatever he gets.

Michael
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:35:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Sometimes I wonder if he is an American the way he seems to bash our values.

However, I do have a case of soap for his shower. Can never have enough soap laying around the shower floor.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#18]
What is really odd about this. Is that the
people getting these Anthrax laced letters
are people that in one respect or
another have influance on the current situation.

By sending Anthrax to gov't members will only
build on there resolve to crush these people.

By sending Anthrax to Media personalities
will only sway them towards wanting to see
the enemy crushed and force further biased
opinion demonizing(if there is such a word)
the enemy.

Were a pissed off country. And were being pushed
to the boiling point.

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe they will start taking the Anthrax threat seriously now.

So far all I have seen is the Government saying its not a threat and the so called experts saying well this or that letter was very crude weapon, its hard to create a 5 micron aerosol, the nozzles on crop dusters can't generate a fine mist, the bad guys can't spray a fine mist without exposing themselves, etc.

Couple of points.

(1) Anthrax letters may be crude, but they work, meaning they cause the persons exposed to take the required CIPRO treatment and cause panic/terror.

(2) How long do think it would take for somebody who stole a crop duster to change a dozen fuc*ing nozzles!

(3) If terrorists are willing to die crashing a plane into a building then they are certainly willing to go into a building, locate an air intake, and start spraying Anthrax mist into the  entire building A/C system.

(4) I can think of several ways myself to create a time-delay aerosol 'bomb' which could be left in a building then 'detonted' later.

The Government needs to tell people the truth. Its not time to start jumping off buildings but this is a serious threat, one which can consume many of our resources to control.

(5) Smallpox is contaiguous, easily spread, has a 30% kill rate, and there is not nearly enough vaccine to go around.

This is a very serious situation in my opinion. WHICH IS WHY WE MUST PROSECUTE THIS WAR VIGOROUSLY, WHICH IS WHAT IS CURRENTLY BEING DONE. Do not be dissuaded by pictures of bombed out 'baby food factories' starving 'innocents' and other such nonsense. THIS IS TOTAL WAR.

[soapbox]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top