Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2001 6:01:00 PM EDT
Does it come with Wilson Combat 8 rounders, or are those some other brand?
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe they are Springfield's own (sorta) mags made by metalform.  They are good mags.

marsh
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#2]
They are indeed Wilson Combat 8 rounders.

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#3]
The older models ('99) came with Springfield mags, the newer models come with Wilson Combat mags.

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The older models ('99) came with Springfield mags, the newer models come with Wilson Combat mags.

View Quote

I bought mine the first year they produced them, ('98 or '99, I can't remember) and it shipped with 2 Wilson mags.  The newer TRPs come with more goodies (front slide serrations, ambi safety, beveled mag well), so I'm not sure what mags are shipping with them today, but I know for sure that the older guns (at least mine, and all others I have come across) came with a pair of wilson mags.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 4:52:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I bought mine the first year they produced them, ('98 or '99, I can't remember) and it shipped with 2 Wilson mags.  The newer TRPs come with more goodies (front slide serrations, ambi safety, beveled mag well), so I'm not sure what mags are shipping with them today, but I know for sure that the older guns (at least mine, and all others I have come across) came with a pair of wilson mags.
View Quote

I wish mine did ('99 TRP), it came with 2 springfield mags. I even called springfield and asked why mine did not come with wilson mags, as I had seen advertised in gun rags and they said that only newer models came with the wilsons. Oh well, I've bought plenty of wilson mags since then, would have been better to start out with the wilson's, but the springfields worked fine anyway. My second TRP (2000 model) came with wilsons. Both my TRP's have beveled mag wells, my 2000 model has the front serrations, ambi safety, and novak night sites and delta style hammer, my older one came with no front serrations, non-ambi safety, commander style hammer and regular novak sites. I love em both.

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I wish mine did ('99 TRP), it came with 2 springfield mags...

...Both my TRP's have beveled mag wells...
...my older one came with no front serrations, non-ambi safety, commander style hammer and regular novak sites. I love em both.

View Quote

That is strange, I've haven't seen a whole lot of TRPs in person, but all the ones I saw have the Wilsons.  Oh well, at least 1911 mags are fairly 'cheap'.

My TRP is a SS in the exact configuration as you mentioned above, except that it lacks the beveled mag well.  Perhaps SA had a few variations with the first year of production.

I want to get a TRP operator next.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top