Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 10/14/2001 7:17:03 AM EDT
I went ahead and bought the Colt, coming from AK's, there is nothing simple about this puppy. I have some questions guys about options. 1. It has a 20 inch heavy ( too heavy for me) barrel, Can I order a bushmaster or armlite upper and will it work with the colt lower ? 2. Stocks, are they all interchangeable ? 3. Mags, the used GI's , where to get ? 4. Scopes, not a reddot , more like a halo type, I have the russian types on my ak's and wondering where to get one for the ar. I'll more than likely have more, later on, There is alot of info on these guns , just not broken down into, yes and no questions :)
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 7:24:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 7:33:43 AM EDT
"Mags, the used GI's , where to get ?" See "Equipment Exchange" at top of screen.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 7:34:33 AM EDT
Some questions about the Colt first: Is the lower pre or post ban? From what I have been told any upper will fit on any lower, but you [u]legally[/u] can't put a pre-ban upper on a post ban lower, if it has the "assault weapon" features, IIUC. Not sure about the stocks and what scopes to use on the AR. If the barrel is too heavy balance wise, you can put weight in the stock to correct the balance, then again you are adding weight and shooting off hand will require some muscle conditioning to maintain a steady hold. YMMV Have fun with your new rifle, I know I do with mine. :)
Top Top