Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/12/2001 4:50:36 PM EDT
PC Army drops 'fox hole,' 'dog tag' from lingo

The U.S. Army has dropped use of the venerable term "dog tag," out of respect for service women.

"We don't call them dog tags anymore," said Bonnie Bell, warrant officer at the National Guard Bureau. "They're 'ID tags.'"

Seems women found the term offensive, since "dog" is also a derogatory name for an unattractive woman.

But the term "fox holes" also has been officially banned -- even though "fox" is a complimentary name for an attractive woman.

"Fox holes are now called 'fighting positions,'" Bell said.

"Females perceived it to be a term that could be used to sexually harass them," explained Bell, who personally thinks women are being too sensitive in reading so much into such tried-and-true military jargon.

What is wrong with these womenz.  Damnit.  What a bunch of fricken whiners.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Is "Walking Cluster Fuck" still acceptable?
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 4:56:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Gentlemen, it took only eight years for our country to become so f**ked. Hopefully it will take much less to right our position and carry forward.

But, it's not looking bright....
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I tell ya they let too many women in and they got high rank and now they are pissing down everyones back...oohh can I say that or did I make reference to bing able to grab it and pee...oohh I did it again sorry ladies soo you weren't born to fight on our lines...atleast not on my line.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey just so you guys know, goarmy.com has a live recruiter chat, I go over there now and then and say to those guys "Hey, if I join the army, I won't have to train alongside any chicks will I? All they do is whine and cry all the time! Damn" hehe they usually are not too happy.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 2:22:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Hell, we have called them fighting positions as long as I have been in the Corps.  The reason is a fox goes into its hole to hide, we are there to fight.  But we still call them dog tags, although their official designation has always been ID Tags.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 2:31:30 AM EDT
[#6]
The Roman Army and the Empire it protected began to fall apart when it could no longer count on Roman citizens to fill its ranks, but on 'foreigners' instead.

But the Romans never permitted women in its ranks either!

If we keep this shit up, we'll be overrun by Huns in the very near future.

Eric The(NotThatBeingOverrunByHunsIsABadThing!'SagMal,Kameraden,IchBinAuchHun')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 2:36:36 AM EDT
[#7]
So, what about dog face and grunt?? Gone too, and what where they replaced with??
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 2:58:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Womenz.....[rolleyes]they ruin every thing except tea partys and baby showers...next they'll want to be able to nurse(BREAST FEED)their infants on the front lines.Womenz please let the govt. end your sufferage/right to vote.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 3:26:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Well you know, when it counts the most, more than likely the person you will find in your foxhole will be a dude.

Besides, why should they be bitching, it's not like they ever spend much time in one, 'sept in basic?

Hey, I understand.  I am our medical section leader and have two f/m medics.  One is pretty damn good - the other needs work.  But when it comes time to carrying a patient on a litter to an awaiting helicopter, been male soldiers every time on the litter handles.

Oh well, such is life.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 3:39:47 AM EDT
[#10]
What about "Grabasstic piece of amphibian shit", "Junk on a bunk", "Punching the bore", and my all time favorite "Hey you f*ckin' pieces of shit!" ? I for one graduated from the Marines as a true vulgarian and thing chix in the military makes as much sense as nipples on a guy. I wonder if the tallywhacker regiem has a PC policy for it's WM's so as not to hurt their little feelings.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 4:51:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Ah, the peacetime military...

Nothing a little war won't cure, especially when "GI Barbie" loses the first few battles...
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 5:08:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Roman Army and the Empire it protected began to fall apart when it could no longer count on Roman citizens to fill its ranks, but on 'foreigners' instead.

But the Romans never permitted women in its ranks either!

If we keep this shit up, we'll be overrun by Huns in the very near future.

Eric The(NotThatBeingOverrunByHunsIsABadThing!'SagMal,Kameraden,IchBinAuchHun')Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Vandals ,then Franks, THEN Huns
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 5:09:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Grab em by the dog tags and poke em in the
Fox hole......    [sex]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 5:17:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Guess that means no more
"[b]Drop your C*cks and grab your socks[/b]"
Being hollered ever again.

Sigh, where have all the good times gone?
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:10:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Switch back to Jeeps.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:24:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Why? What's the matter with 'Hummers'....oh yeah, nevermind.

Eric The(NoOneWantsA'JeepJob'InAFoxhole)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:37:52 AM EDT
[#17]
What about "short arm inspection".
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 7:28:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I just "dog taged" My little "Fox hole" this morning! She did'nt bitch about it at all. Guess she would not be accepted into the the armed forces.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 7:45:37 AM EDT
[#19]
What about "Crack Troops"?

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 7:55:05 AM EDT
[#20]
OK....being a woman, myself, you know I can't resist responding to this post.  But contrary to what you all might expect, I agree with YOU!  All the PC bullshit is ridiculous.  They are foxholes and dogtags, and they always will be.  As for women on the front lines....I don't like it either.  Unless the woman is some kind of freak, she will never make it in hand-to-hand combat.  I don't blame you guys for not wanting a woman next to you in that situation.

Now let me relate a little story that I personally experienced.  A few years back I was participating in a local gun safety course.  There was a female reservist in the course with me.  When it came time to actually SHOOT the guns....she sucked!  I kid you not...this woman could not even hit the TARGET at 25 yds...let alone the bullseye!  We all shot 30 rounds in that exercise, and she never hit the target once.  Sure, she was "Miss Hot Sh|t" in her uniform, but I sure wouldn't want to be in a "foxhole" next to her...they'd be sending my "dogtags" home to my family real quick!  [:0]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 8:07:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What about "Crack Troops"?

Semper Fi
View Quote

[b] LOL [/b]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 8:07:26 AM EDT
[#22]
So much for going on a hump, hello dolly's and not letting your dingle dangles dangle in the dirt
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#24]
tatjana
Okay, I'll bite.  I know you cannot be referring to me since I am also an Officer in the military.  I also know a few women that could do their jobs, but I must emphasis a very few.  There have also been some that were extremely physically tough, but they were the exception and not the rule.  I think the English approach is a much better one than the one that DACOWTIZ has shoved down the throat of the US. Unlike us you at least have not put aside the qualifications in order to allow women in that is why none have made it past phase one on the RM Course.  

Also I hate the way you Brits wear cammie, it plain sucks.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#26]
This tata..whatever babe has a major man hating problem. However to answer her rant, talk is cheap, and playing army man is much different then the real thing. I assure you on a one on one situation I would whip your ass but good, and I am probably old enough to be your daddy.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Those terms have been considered the correct military terminology (at least in the Army) for at least 15 years.

However, at least five years ago, everyone still called the dog tags and foxholes.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Anyone placing wagers on how long til this thread is locked?

Personally, I could have given a shit less about the sex of the person doing the job, as long as they did it well. If a person wants a posting in a combat arms slot, and they can't hack it, well too bad, so sad. If this rejects a large number of females, crack babies, pixies, Rambo wannbee's or waterhead mongoloid mofos, just remind them this is not a job at Burger King, and send em on their way.

Meplat-
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Well, the standards for every thing other than the RMC, Paras and the SAS (to include the one year course YO have to go to at Sandhurst) are pretty weak by the standards of many units within the US.  And even with that the Brits are on of the few militaries out there actually anticipate fighting, most militaries in Western Europe haven’t fought a war in 40 plus years and are not even set up for it any more (like the Swiss moving all their Armor into storage, with the understanding that they will require years to remove it, but not anticipating needing it), they are more about social welfare than war fighting.

I also know that in the US military many jobs have been redefined because of limited upper body strength of Women.  What was once a 1 or 2 man job is now a 2 or 4 man job because inability of the average women to lift the required weight.  In the artillery, it was found that women could traverse and elevate the howitzer, but could not lay it or load or carry round larger than 105mm.  Armor unit have found that women cannot break track or assist in resupply because of the weight of the ammo.  Infantry unit have found women 2x as likely to get stress fractures as men and unable to carry the heavy weight associated with light infantry operations.  On the issue of carrying or lifting men, I have seen women attempt to do it, there is now way the average women can pick up a 165 + lb man plus his combat load (minus pack).  
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#31]
tatja, who taught you how to apply camoflage?

You look striking! [:P] But not very well camoflaged!

DaMan
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#32]
What is "cockpit" going to be changed to? Genital control position?
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What is "cockpit" going to be changed to? Genital control position?
View Quote

ROTFLMAO!!!!!![>(]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Isn't the internet wonderful? You can be anything you claim to be!

Right, Tatja?

DaMan
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#36]
God damn the military has soft.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#37]
tatjana --  You go Girl!  

Obviously, you are not one the whiney little Bitches who have managed to get our boxers in a bind.  I have had the great pleasure of serving with a number of damn good female Marines who were as hard as woodpecker lips and as smart as a paper cut.  I had zero problems going to the field with them, and yes, I would seek their comradship when the guns begin to shout(you dirty perverts out there need to keep your minds out of the gutter).  I have also had the great misfortune of serving with sniveling little cry babies of both sexes.  It has also been my experience that a far greater percentage of the women I served with became useless under field conditions then the men.  

Our problem seems to be we are forced to carry those PC bastards who say it is OK to rip another human's guts out at bayonet point, but are offended by the words "fox hole".  It just doesn't make any sense anymore, and 'tis just another contributing factor to why I left a solid career by the wayside.

And for all of you Army types out there, the Marine Corps has always refered to 'em as "fighting holes" so as not to confuse them with a place to hide when scared.  Also, if any of you can please enlighten me as to the reason Army types tuck their neckties into their shirts, like a scared dog tucks it's tail between its legs, I would appreciate the education.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I love men.  I hate idiots.

See you on the range.
View Quote

How about Camp Perry, Next August?  Bring the issue rifle of your nation of origin.  Any accepted American battle rifle or a civilian equivalent can be used also.  As you say talk is cheap.

Doug

P.S. Dark colors are best applied to the high parts of the face, to break up the natural outline.  Keep that red hair under wraps toooo.

P.P.S. You could probably use the 300 Meter rifle also.  As long as it doesn't have optics.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#40]
[size=5]YO, TAJANA[/size=5]

Put your hormones in check and smell the coffee.  If you can hack training and then kick ass and take names, bully for you, but I'll bet my life you're in the minority.  I'm sure there are a few good women out there, but the plain fact of the matter is you are smaller and physically weaker than your male counterparts, and I"m sorry, all the hormones in the world won't reliably make up for all that, making most women unsuitable for combat.  They've whined their way into a place they don't belong, and then asked for accomodations to made up for their physical shortcomings.  I was absolutely stunned to see a newsclip after Sept 11 showing an Army Squad performing PT with their gas masks on; the whole squad was doing jumping jacks - except the women, who just stood there moving their arms.  Probably afraid we'd notice their titties bounce up and down or something.

You want to fly, fine.  Women are at least as coordinated and men.  IF you can pass the same standards of physical and mental training, I'll be the first one to fight for your [i]privilege[/i]- not [i]right[/i] to serve in combat if needed.  Until then, women in today's military don't impress me, sort of like the stupid chick who sued her way into VMI - then washed out when it got too tough.  

Cry me a river.[+]:D]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isn't the internet wonderful? You can be anything you claim to be!

Right, Tatja?

DaMan
View Quote

So true.  You can even claim to be "DaMan."
View Quote

I haven't claimed to be anything. It's YOU who are spouting all the BS and posting pictures of some "crack troop" who doesn't even know how to apply camo! But don't worry, 'cause I believe you! Hahahahaha!

DaMan
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#42]
HI Tatjana.............  Wo bist du? Where are you?  You may email me also.^  If you don't respond I will be forced to start typing immature things; about Swiss Cheese and such.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:49:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I think I see some male egos being stepped on here.  If Tatjana can cut it, then so be it.  I think she's mad because you guys are referring to all women in general.
View Quote

Yes, but not me/mine.  I'm kinda curious as to what this UIT? 300 meter free rifle looks like.

Link Posted: 10/14/2001 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I think I see some male egos being stepped on here.  If Tatjana can cut it, then so be it.  I think she's mad because you guys are referring to all women in general.  Not all women are the problem.  There are plenty in the minority that can do their jobs, and many better than men I'm sure.
View Quote

brouhahaha, no ego stepped on here.

I've heard the claims of all the great things women in the military are capable of.  Unfortunately I have seen the reality of women in the military.  And reality just doesn't live up to all the propaganda.

DaMan

Link Posted: 10/14/2001 1:56:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Listen guys,

Your comments [snip]
Get used to it.

-Tatja
View Quote

To your credit, you did say "in my case"
Yes, generalizations were made.  I imagine most of us are glad there are exceptions like you.  But that's the problem - that the generalizations are pretty much proven by the fact that you are so much the exception.

How many hundred thousand like you exist?
Thats the kind of numbers it would take
to make equal females a significant part of combat units.

Gender alone should not excuse or prevent people from being in fighting units.

However, the standards should not be softened just to insure that a quota of females can meet them.

And the military should not be so damned socialized, in the sense of being a reflection of all the PC influences that 'civilized' society is steeped in.

Frankly, I don't want the military to be too 'civilized'.  I want them to WIN.

Link Posted: 10/14/2001 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#47]
I guess that means ... no more BAMs ...eh?
Ted...
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Is "Walking Cluster Fuck" still acceptable?
View Quote

no that is not acceptable because thats what
a hooker is! [:D]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 2:48:22 PM EDT
[#49]
it's not just the army folks, we live in a completely EMASCULATED SOCIETY.  it's gotten real bad folks.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#50]
If you can pull your weight, shoot straight and not go limp when the shit hits the fan, who cares if you're a female or a male?  IMO, there are some gals that can do it...albeit not that many, but a few.  The burden associated with women on the front lines has nothing to do with what an individual can or cannot physically do...  Is it just me, or does anyone else see the ramifications of KIA or POW females in a major conflict?  The country'd go nuts.  The way things are covered by the media, not to mention exploitation by the enemy for shock value, you'd have the people back home seeing women blown up, dead, raped and all manner of other atrocities on the 8 o'clock news and via the internet.  No country can support a conflict producing female casualties en masse.. look at Israel; they tried it once and gave it up right quick. The negative psychological effect these images would have on the homefront would be devastating.  And the enemy would know it, and use it to their tactical and stratiegic advantage.  Nothing against you Tatjana... if you walk the walk then more power to you, but there are bigger things to consider than what's been discussed previously on this thread.

[flag]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top