Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Still devastated, still hoping...
View Quote

LMAO!
Ease up there partner. I can only engage one at a time. I have to go down the list [;)]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 5:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw your pic on the now defunct McUZI.com, you didn't look like no 255 to me.[:)]
View Quote

A few people here from AR15.com have met me.
It ain't no joke.

So are you saying that you are a member of Mensa?  Can you support this claim?

Not that I have any reason to doubt you, but for some reason I find this thought very amusing.  Again, I'm not insulting you, but I got the giggles.
View Quote

**sigh** Yes, I can. Gimme a little while to scrape up a dig-cam.
View Quote

Well, you could kill two birds with one stone and post pics of yourself and your large wall of framed certificates.
unless you are fibbing a little  ????
Hell, over the internet we are all 6'5" 250 and graduated from M.I.T.
Internet message boards, the great equalizer
[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/nogood.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I_Luv_Carrots wrote:
Why hide the fact that you are smarter than they are? Fuck them. Don't be ashamed!
Don't "lampshade" (To use your term) yourself lest you offend the inferior masses!
View Quote

Even though you are obviously just trolling, I'll give you the straight answer.

I don't need to prove myself by belittling others. I'm smarter than most (IQ measured at 172), bigger than most (6'4" 295), better armed than most, and meaner than most. And I know that there are smarter, bigger, meaner, and better armed people out there. I'm happy with who I am.

I find more satisfaction in getting responses from my intellectual peers, than in insulting others. You can learn something from anyone, regardless of their level of intelligence. And that intelligence does little to define what kind of person that someone is, though someone who is really smart, yet still an ass, has a harder time explaining their actions.

I was a classic terminally-bright child. I fought with my teachers and my parents because I thought I knew more than they did (and in many cases I was right). I started medical school when I was 16. I failed to conform to anyone's standards except my own.  Despite all of that, I finally managed to socialize myself. I can live with others. I can talk to anybody. And while it may well be because almost every authority figure in my life when I was younger got very angry with me and told me I would never achieve anything. So just to be contrary, I achieved quite a bit, though I doubt that's what those authority figures had in mind when they were screaming at me.

So I'll enjoy the company of friends, regardless of the social or intellectual milieu. And I'll post the occasional diatribe here or on other boards I frequent. I'll go shooting and racing with folks that aren't as smart as me, but that I can learn from. I'll enjoy my life.

And I'll wish you luck with yours. You're going to need it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:08:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Even though you are obviously just trolling, I'll give you the straight answer.

I don't need to prove myself by belittling others. I'm smarter than most (IQ measured at 172), bigger than most (6'4" 295), better armed than most, and meaner than most. And I know that there are smarter, bigger, meaner, and better armed people out there. I'm happy with who I am.

I find more satisfaction in getting responses from my intellectual peers, than in insulting others. You can learn something from anyone, regardless of their level of intelligence. And that intelligence does little to define what kind of person that someone is, though someone who is really smart, yet still an ass, has a harder time explaining their actions.

I was a classic terminally-bright child. I fought with my teachers and my parents because I thought I knew more than they did (and in many cases I was right). I started medical school when I was 16. I failed to conform to anyone's standards except my own.  Despite all of that, I finally managed to socialize myself. I can live with others. I can talk to anybody. And while it may well be because almost every authority figure in my life when I was younger got very angry with me and told me I would never achieve anything. So just to be contrary, I achieved quite a bit, though I doubt that's what those authority figures had in mind when they were screaming at me.

So I'll enjoy the company of friends, regardless of the social or intellectual milieu. And I'll post the occasional diatribe here or on other boards I frequent. I'll go shooting and racing with folks that aren't as smart as me, but that I can learn from. I'll enjoy my life.

And I'll wish you luck with yours. You're going to need it.
View Quote

Yadda yada yadda... You got mail.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:55:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Even tho I know better.....Yes it would be nice if some standard was put on voting. I personaly like the male landower deal that was favored for a great portion of this country's existance. After all it has been said that democricy(sp) is 2 wolves and a sheep deciding whats for dinner. As for the int. thing the only testing I really took was the good ole Achievement Tests we were given at the end of every school year. Now it must be understood I never applied myself at school, no studying or books taken home, got by pretty good without it. Always done great at Math, Science, and History. Always sucked at English (gee, can you tell) and the more touchy feely classes. Anyway after High School + 6 months I enroll in a Votech school. When regestering They were checking to see if I need any of the basic stuff, turns out they went by my test scores from Highschool, I was pretty suprised that I had "14th" grade scores on the Science part and "15th" on the Math part.All that without even applying myself, really wished I'd tried harder now. Do I think I'm smart? No, not even close.
OBTW McCarrot, did you get your freeze plug fixed? Did you try the Bars leak? If not give it a shot, I've seen that stuff stop a leaking head gasket before.[uzi]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 1:04:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 1:10:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm crushed.  It's been 2 days now...
View Quote
RAF, for christsd sake.
What post did I miss?

And BTW- Don't you ever sleep?
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 1:17:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 1:20:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sleep is for the young, the old, and the weak.
View Quote

Those who don't sleep are lacking something in their soul.
Go smell some flowers or something.
Go to a titty bar.
Feed what animates you.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 1:27:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 1:30:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sometimes the "free" buffets aren't bad tho.
View Quote

I know a whorehouse in Tampa that's all you can eat! [:D]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 1:32:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

OBTW McCarrot, did you get your freeze plug fixed? Did you try the Bars leak? If not give it a shot, I've seen that stuff stop a leaking head gasket before.[uzi]
View Quote

Nah- It was the freeze plug waaaaaaaaay in teh back. They are going to have to drop the whole exhaust manifold to get to it. I don't have the tools to get to it myself cause i'd have to break bolts... So i'm sellin her [:(]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 1:32:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 2:16:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 2:28:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Not fair, I lost a hellofa lot of brain cells in the 70's & 80's. Sometimes I miss the toilet. I drool in my sleep. I fan farts(only if they are mine). I used to be normal, but now I aint...[8].
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 5:10:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
As far as "brains" being all it takes in this world- no, not "all it takes"- but they don't hurt any, and i'll be dammed if i'm going to be ashamed for being blessed with them.
View Quote

Yeeh - u go boyee!?! I nub dim smartt peeples!  Day keep mi job goin at de mcdonlds an feed me 15 childrins.

I be nubin u's!  Keep de fath bro!

SP.. I be memser memba 2!!  Some dey...
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 5:11:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 8:27:05 AM EDT
[#18]
The general rule of thumb is the more someone claims intelligence or physical prowess over the Internet.  The more they are lying about it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Mensa does have a Survivalist SIG. Im not kidding.

Humans thrive on hierarchy and Mensa is just another category to play in. Always puzzled about those who needed an external measure of their worth. Im sure some are solely interested in socializing with intelligent people. But most just need to feel special, which is ok by me. Plenty of good people in Mensa. Im just not sure why they bother.

Luck
Alac

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top