Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2007 10:54:54 AM EDT
http://www.azconservative.org/Semmens1.htm

Murtha Says it’s Time to Bring Our “Murdering Scum” Home

Rep. John Murtha (D-Penn.), a leading Iraq War critic said he’s pushing legislation that would order U.S. troop withdrawals to begin in the Fall and predicted Republicans will support it. “As I’ve been saying for some time, the troops deployed in Iraq have shown themselves to be ‘murdering scum,’” Murtha asserted. “Keeping them there only serves to perpetuate the slaughter and atrocities.”

Under Murtha’s plan, troop withdrawals would start in November 2007 and take about a year to complete. A vote on Rep. John Murtha's proposal likely will come in September, after Iraq commander Gen. David Petraeus is expected to deliver a promised assessment on the war.

The House passed a similar proposal a few months ago, but President Bush vetoed it. But Murtha said he predicts this vote will be different because of polls indicating mounting voter frustration with the war. “It doesn’t really matter what Patraeus has to say,” Murtha added. “We all know this war is lost. The polls confirm it. It’s time to cut our losses.”

Bush has insisted that US troops need to remain engaged in Iraq to fight al-Qaeda and has repeatedly appealed to lawmakers for more patience. However, Murtha says his bill will be the president’s final chance to escape judgment. “If the president won’t agree to the withdrawal we will have to move House Resolution 333,” Murtha said. HR 333 is the impeachment resolution sponsored by presidential candidate Representative Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio).

If so the COC must hold me back
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#1]
P.O.S.  I don't think that I will elaborate any further into what I feel.
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 10:59:22 AM EDT
[#2]
What a piece of sh&t.
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#3]
That motherfucker should be bitched slapped every time he opens his big, fat, stupid mouth. My God, what a disgrace this piece of shit is to the fine US Marine Corps. I bet they'd give anything if they could go back in time and deny him entrance.

But that is way, way over the line. If this bastard really said what's quoted above, we should descend upon Washington by the millions, demanding this son of a bitch's resignation.
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Is it treason yet?
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I did a bunch of Googles and cannot find one single other reference to this claim of Murtha calling our troops "murdering scum". I hate Murtha, but I just don't think this can be substantiated at this time to be true.
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Washington Post scribbler Bob Woodward said that Murtha was the “heart and soul of the military”.

This is what the democrats think.  

I heard someone say this same thing on NPR too.

It's just another example of democrats not being able to think through to a correct conclusion.  Ever.  

Pity the fools who love every nation except their own.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I did a bunch of Googles and cannot find one single other reference to this claim of Murtha calling our troops "murdering scum". I hate Murtha, but I just don't think this can be substantiated at this time to be true.

Thats what I was thinking......

Link Posted: 7/31/2007 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#8]
If he is actually quoted as saying this by at least two reliable sources, I'd say he is toast. There's is no way some of his constituents would put up with that. I believe Murtha is bonkers at his age
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Even if he didn't say those words, he's already proven through other words and actions that he's a Traitor to the men and women in the Services that depend on our government supporting them.

Fucker.
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 11:11:10 AM EDT
[#10]

“As I’ve been saying for some time, the troops deployed in Iraq have shown themselves to be ‘murdering scum,’” Murtha asserted.

I just can't get past the irony.
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 11:14:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/airwolf144/56718352.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/airwolf144/56718038.jpg

Even if he didn't say those words, he's already proven through other words and actions that he's a Traitor to the men and women in the Services that depend on our government supporting them.

Fucker.
Thank you. The dartboard needed a new face! Hopefully one day people like that will have a date with the hangman.
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I seriously doubt that.... if he really did say it he's going to have to spin like a neutron star to backpedal out of that one.
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#13]
John Semmens is an ornery son of a bitch. He's also the best satirist in politics today.
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Is it treason yet?

Yes, time to get a rope!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top