Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2001 2:08:13 AM EDT
What are some parts that I could change out on my Bushmaster 16" Hbar that would give it a longer lifespan?

And who has the parts for sale?
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 2:37:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the key to a long life for an ar is good maintenance and synthetic lube. my comp rifle has about 25,000 rounds through it now and shows no major wear anywhere. except the barrel of course. it has been changed and due for another now. i just keep it clean. it has been run on Kellube and for the last 2 years JP enterprises Hyper Lube. JP lube is the most slippery stuff i have ever seen. try it [url] www.jpar15.com [/url]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 3:38:41 AM EDT
[#2]
a2carbine,

Check out some of the threads on AR care and cleaning.  Oh yeah, check out Fulton Armory's webpage for more details on care and cleaning.  

And if you want a good "oops kit", buy the field repair kit (Part Number A FIELD $29.95) from Bushmaster (800.998.SWAT).

If you care for your AR it will last a long long time.

For instance, the M16A1 that was issued to me in Basic Training in 1987 was a Vietnam vintage rifle that had put a lot of ammo down range and it was still going strong.

If you care for it - it will treat you well.[;D]

Take care,
Schnert
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 6:08:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I know about the Bushmaster kit a planed to get it,do you think I should buy a gas tube too.
They seen sort'a easy to smash.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 6:39:50 AM EDT
[#4]
NOTHING.  You don't need to replace any parts to ensure long life.

As stated, regular care is all it needs.

Avoid the chrome plated bolts, carriers, titanium firing pins, adjustable gas systems and all that crap.  Solutions looking for problems that cause more problems.

Your Bushie will last a lifetime.  Sure, the barrel will need replacement at 20,000 plus rounds, and you will replace some cam pins and such, but that should be about it.

What makes you think you NEED better parts?  Sometimes we spend a lot of time and money buying gadgets that are supposed to be "better" that really don't help at all, and often hurt.

Spare parts are another issue, and are great to have.  Bushmaster sells some nice kits with most everything you'd want.

Nothing wrong with a spare gas tube, but don't forget to get a few spare retaining pins, easy to lose.

I just replaced a barrel and had to clamp the gas tube with vise grips and pop it with a hammer to remove it.  It's TOUGH!  I was planning on destroying it if needed, but I didn't even dent it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 6:46:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 6:52:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Good deal,I'll just get me a ready to kit from BM and keep it full of CLP.

Thanx alot
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 7:20:13 AM EDT
[#7]

want a longer life for my AR
View Quote

What you really need to do is to go out and vote...Don't let the liberals taking over your State.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 7:23:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

want a longer life for my AR
View Quote

What you really need to do is to go out and vote...Don't let the liberals take over your State.
View Quote

...........? I do. Jeb keeps us happy with just about anything we want.

We are not CA down here, when is the last time you have seen the AFT set a guys house on fire in FL.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 9:12:40 AM EDT
[#9]

...........? I do. Jeb keeps us happy with just about anything we want.

We are not CA down here, when is the last time you have seen the AFT set a guys house on fire in FL.

View Quote

Don't be too sure, Ms. Janet Reno is bidding for the FL Governor seat.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Reno can bid all damn day long and stick the 2 votes she will get right up fat commie a$$.

I don't think she will run for long anyway,some Cuban will shoot her befor it's said and done.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 9:20:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Great!...Just checking.

I am worry about my VA, I don't trust that guy Warner and Earley is too weak....What to do?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top