Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2001 7:10:49 AM EDT
Has anyone ever heard of them and if so how is the quality, accuracy, etc.? I'm considering purchasing an upper from GUNGUY and these are the barrels he uses. Anyone have any experience with him either? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 7:59:40 AM EDT
[#1]
They (Walther) are well known for precision air rifles. The Walther barrels are supposed to be some of the very best available in the world. Should be a case of, can the shooter shoot as accurately as the barrel is capable of? And that is not to dispariage your shooting abilities at all.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one of their barrels on an air rifle, and one on a .22, and you just can not go wrong with them. I will never be able to shoot well enough to justify replacing them until they are totaaly shot out, and on a rimfire and an air rifle, I don't see that happening.

Go for it. If it is chambered well, you can not go wrong with it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 3:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]
They have a web site in the South, somewhere,
although the barrels originate in Germany.
They will produce a barrel in any contour that
you want.  I'm thinking that if I want to build
a 'primo' '98 Mauser with a new, super accurate
30-06 barrel, I might give them a call.  That
would be after I get lots of cash from my wife
after I build a couple other guns. Heh, heh,heh.
John
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 5:21:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is their website [url]http://www.lothar-walther.de/us/[/url]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#6]
[size=4]ARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

LOTHAR WALTHER AND WALTHER OF GERMANY ARE NOT! NOT NOT! THE SAME THING!!![/size=4]

Link Posted: 10/11/2001 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Lothar Walther also make OEM barrels for a number of gun companies, including Kahr Arms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top