Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2001 4:23:40 AM EDT
How many people would buy an SP1 type rifle in a post-ban configuration?

Personally - me likes em![BD]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:25:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the SP1, I'd at least look at a decent postban.  Which, incidentally, Derek at AZ Expert Arms makes.

The new rifles are just too heavy, and while the new rear sight is nice, the old rear sight is nice and simple, "adjust it and forget it."  Put the ghost aperature in it though and give me the new square front sight post.  And I do prefer round handguards.  Everything else on the SP1 is just fine.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:30:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I love the look of the SP1, but I would not buy a postban configuration because of the lack of the 3 prong FS.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:51:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree with ColtShorty. I imagine that someone could come up with a look-alike 3 prong muzzle break though, if the demand was great enough.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:59:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the SP1.  I had one years ago (ca. 1981) and wish I had kept it.  If somebody produced a quality post-ban version of it with the A1 stock sets at a reasonable price, I'd get the checkbook out without a second thought.  I've been thinking about gathering up the parts and assembling one myself, but I'm lazy enough that I'd prefer to simply buy one...
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:58:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Try www.azexarms.com They make an copy of the SP-1, Including the bolt carrier without foward assist notches. Of course No Flash Hider, Post ban brake instead.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunately, My source for the thin bbl no fwd assist upper parts kits has dried up.

These were pretty popular when I had them. Unfortunately, the parts just aren't that common as they used to be. Especially non-fwd assist bolt carriers.

D. www.azexarms.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top