Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2001 8:45:47 PM EDT
Read this short quip by our local liberal ass*ole.

His e-mail is at the bottom of his opinion.
Please drop him a short message.

Thanks in advance
[url]http://arizonarepublic.com/arizona/articles/1009montini09.html[/url]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:59:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out that pic. He looks like Mr. Bean. Sorta makes it hard to take the article seriously.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
.... My note:

Mr. Montini and Mr. Richard de Uriarte,

As of tomorrow I've decided to cancel my families' subscription to Arizona Republic because of your irresponsible reporting.

Your personal views regarding the so called "gun show loophole" and it's
relationship to supplying terrorists with guns is uncalled for. Law
abiding gun owners (as in the majority of this population) find your
liberal biased views un-amusing.

The Arizona Republic may someday again be a great newspaper. However,
not until they realize the best thing to do for business is to fire you.

Thank you,
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#3]
ah man not the Communist Republic
err Arizona republic. there seems to be alot of leftists on there staff.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:10:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Something just doesn't make sense.

Terrorists come here to buy neutered, semi-automatic weapons, without folding stocks, bayonet lugs, or flash supressors, for $400 or more...

When they could be getting full auto/select fire guns of the same type, with folding stocks, bayonet lugs, and flash suppressors for $100 in some third world country.

Something smells here.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 3:11:46 AM EDT
[#5]
According to news reports, the men purchased shotguns, ammunition, assault weapon parts, flash suppressors and other items [b]with the idea[/b] of shipping them to the terrorist Hezbollah organization in Lebanon.

I have an idea that we can all live in peace and harmony.  What a load of crock.

Too funny an article.

Flash suppressors? LOL

Other items:

- Accu-wedges

- AR15 field repair kits

Books:

- M16A2 Technical Manual

- How to full auto legally

- Poor Mans James Bond

- Anarchist Cookbook

- US Customs Official Manual

- Crop Dusting For Dummies

- Various Palladin Press literature

Link Posted: 10/10/2001 4:19:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's what I sent (thanks for letting me steal you point, schnacke):

Sir,
I have just read your October 9 article Terrorist guns being supplied by U.S.
patriots.

I am disappointed in the lack of research that goes into opinion articles such as this.
You must only ask yourself one question to expose this lack of effort at fair and
unbiased "reporting" (that should properly be an Editorial piece):

"Why would a terrorist pay the outrageous prices (generally  $100s  for these
"assault weapon parts" including/such as flash suppressors), then have to smuggle
them out of this country, when they (Terrorists) can buy a true Assault Weapon
(read the definition, please- the term refers to a FULLY-AUTOMATIC military arm
using a reduced-power rifle cartridge) for less that $100, if not get them for free?"

Sir, people whose reporting ethics are as low of a standard like yours are the reason
that most Americans distrust the media in general.

Don Carter
Oak Ridge, TN

Edited ('cause I can't spell "steal" with frozen fingers on the MS Natural keyboard)
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:04:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Here's mine:

Let me guess....

I bet you've always been anti-gun.  You've always been anti-gun show, too.
Now the Attack happens, and you use it to push an agenda you've been pushing all along.

The ideological opportunists have bee coming out of the woodwork, and exploiting this Massacre for their own ends.  Falwell/Robertson did it.  Now you.

I don't think you're really concerned that they might be shipping "flash suppressors" to Hezbollah.  
You should come out here to NYC. See the Site, smell the rotton flesh of your fellow Americans.  If then, after that, you still think this Tragedy is something you want to exploit, to push your politics on the rest of us, fine.
Have you no shame?

-Sincerely, Major-Murphy NYC
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:26:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey Major, lookee, no agenda pushing in mine!!! Ya proud of me??[:D][:D]

I just HAD to say that...[devil]

I like the way you called him on it though...

Don Out
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:28:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Very proud.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:34:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Very proud.
View Quote

I did write my reps and called them on all of the pork-barrel riders that they are slipping in, such as the $3.2B subsidy for peanut farmers, Rural Electricity, welfare, Social Security, etc...
and demanded that they remove all laws not directly called for in the Constitution. I stroked them a bit by saying that some of their "Comrades" in D.C. are more interested in power than in the oath they swore, and that I was glad not to count them among the power-mad. My guys are generally for less gov't.

Don Out
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:16:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Dear Ed:

I know you always enjoy getting a pile of derisive mail after you run yet another whiny anti-gun piece, so let me add my voice to the chorus.

I don't understand why "terrorists" would come to America to buy, for example, a flash suppressor.  A flash suppressor is a pretty innocuous little accessory and ours don't fit on any Afghan weapon I have ever seen photographed.  These guys have real, live AKs by the crate and don't need the so-called "assault weapons" (which aren't really, of course) or parts sold here in the U.S.  Terrorists have plenty of implements of destruction available in their backyard.  Remember our own government has in the past sent weaponry to the same Afghan militants we now find in the crosshairs of our cruise missiles, most notably Stinger missiles.  I assure you, those are not available at a gun show.

Your column appears to be little more than your attempt to use the September 11 events to promote the same sad little anti-gun agenda you always have had.  In your eyes, perhaps if we shut down gun shows, those nasty terrorists would just go away.

Maybe it's times for "reasonable restrictions" on the "irresponsible exploitation" of the First, not the Second, Amendment.  Starting with yours.

Sincerely,

Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:21:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Excellent, Chairborne!!! Let the [spank] begin!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Ed,

I just read your latest diatribe concerning gun shows. If you think that Hezbollah
gets their arms from gun shows, I suggest a change in your medication.  I will skip
over the other blatent errors in judgement in your article to ask you some
questions. Are you scared of guns?  Do you cringe at the sight of them?  Are you
too afraid to even protect yourself or your family?  Do you really believe that
salvation is a phone call away?  Would you feel better in a police state with only
the government having weapons?  If so, you might want to get professional help,
or consider a move out of the country.

How would you like to have all of the press subjected to censorship because of
what a few extremists publish.  This would be an attack on the 1st Amendment
just like other journalists of your ilk with the constant assaults on the 2nd
Amendment.

The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is not about hunting or the national guard  We
the People do not need a few more "reasonable restrictions" to the 2nd
Amendment.  A study of recent history (Hitler, communism, Khmer Rouge among
many others) will show  where so called reasonable restrictions will lead. None of
these historic examples was pretty, do you want the same thing in this country?  
Do you really think another law will make you safer?  Or are you just scared?

A citizen
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:23:41 PM EDT
[#14]
[size=2]It seems that we've somewhat stirred a hornets nest down there at the [b]The Arizona Republic[/b] with our emails, I have also included the companies' reader advocate Mr. Richard de Uriarte to help push this irresponsible reporter out in the street where he belongs. Keep up the GREAT job![/size=2]

.... Thanks guys, don't let up the pressure
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#15]
... come on guys, we need a little more help.

... please e-mail this ass*ole

... it's a short read
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:47:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
... come on guys, we need a little more help.

... please e-mail this ass*ole

... it's a short read
View Quote

"You sendin' the Wolf? Shit, Negro, that's all you had to say!"
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

... a ha, a most excellent line [b]11H1P[/b]!
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

... a ha, a most excellent line [b]11H1P[/b]!
View Quote

Yeah, and the look on this "reporter's" face must be similar to Travolta's  when he come out of the shitter (about 1 sec. before trigger pull)  
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#19]
That shit about the IRA is only half-true so I somehow doubt truthfullness of the other. As reported by I believe the New Times in South Florida, the IRA woman purchased all but a few guns at gun shops with fake IDs. She passed NICs, filled out a 4473, etc. Yet non of that stopped her. She then sent the guns to the IRA in Britain. She did buy one or two of a total of hundreds of guns at a gun show in Deerfield Beach, but that's all. She was arrested by the ATF when the transactions were flagged for more than X guns in a month. That means not only did she get caught, but the FEDs are keeping records of the number of guns we own. Hell, I already knew they kept the records.

If any of you want to see a good movie that is pro-gun watch Red Dawn. I got it on DVD the other day and it was great. It shows what exactly can happen when such records are kept.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:27:30 PM EDT
[#20]
My contribution:

The words horribly misinformed fool come to mind when reading your article.  People who are "engaged in the business of selling firearms" must have a Federal Firearms License and all persons purchasing weapons from such an individual must pass a NICS background check before the weapon may be transferred.  The kind of legislation that you see as being the obvious solution to a problem that doesn't really exist is to end private firearms sales.  This would prevent me from selling a gun to a friend, giving a gun as a gift, or determining what merchandise *I* wish to sell or barter.

I would thank you not to tell ME what I should do and not do.

A concerned, informed citizen
Matthew Solomon

"Do what you will,
just don't piss my rights away you fucking liberal jackass."
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My contribution:

The words horribly misinformed fool come to mind when reading your article.  People who are "engaged in the business of selling firearms" must have a Federal Firearms License and all persons purchasing weapons from such an individual must pass a NICS background check before the weapon may be transferred.  The kind of legislation that you see as being the obvious solution to a problem that doesn't really exist is to end private firearms sales.  This would prevent me from selling a gun to a friend, giving a gun as a gift, or determining what merchandise *I* wish to sell or barter.

I would thank you not to tell ME what I should do and not do.

A concerned, informed citizen
Matthew Solomon

"Do what you will,
just don't piss my rights away you fucking liberal jackass."
View Quote

This "so-called" reporter (he says in his best Johnny Cochran voice) will now have to undergo intense therapy, due to all of you brutal realists bruising his pussy liberal fragile psyche!

Remember, if Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Edited because my wife's ignoramous aunt is a moron whose presence earlier in the day dropped my IQ enouff to kause spelig erers
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 11:27:13 PM EDT
[#22]
You AZ guys should rebuke this ahole through writing a letter to the editor, not just sending him e-mail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top