Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2001 5:11:49 AM EDT
What is this country coming to?

[url]http://www.bangornews.com/editorialnews/article.html?ID=42785[/url]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 5:22:09 AM EDT
[#1]
"Emery said his officers are continuing to investigate the incident and expect to identify the young man quickly."

And then what?  If he "never entered the campus", what is the problem?

The feminine side of American...[whacko]

Link Posted: 10/9/2001 5:43:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like some of the same sort of overreactionary, idiot cops we have around here.  Sunday, a friend and I were held for almost 20 minutes by a county cop, because my friend was carrying a rifle.  We were leaving a gun show.  The local auditorium shares a parking lot with a county office.  The cop thought it was illegal for us to carry the rifle to our car after leaving the show.  Well, his supervisor agreed with him, but told him to find something better to do with his time.  So, he "let us off."  The officer left thinking he did us a favor.  Of course, I shouldn't expect much different considering this is the same office that refuses to give-out CWP applications.  One day when I want to have fun, I'm going to go to the office to ask about registering a class III weapon.  They freaked-out at the idea of a peon carrying a concealed weapon.  I wonder how they'd feel about someone asking about registering a (legal) machinegun.z
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:04:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Many students were terrified and began crying
View Quote

what a bunch of freaking dawsons creek pussys.
I know it's wrong to wish harm on others and I seldom will do so, but damn I really wish they would've trampled at least a few of themselves in their panic and got hospitalized and wheelchair-bound for a few months. Payback from mother-nature for their uncontrollable lib-attack.

Would you want your young child in the path of running crying stampeding pussys in say wal-mart or somewhere when they see a CCW'er "printing" or a potential long gun buyer shouldering and sighting at overhead light fixtures?

These people are dangerous and have shown they cannot handle themselves in public. Mental health evaluations are in order.

Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:18:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[V]  [b]These[/b] are the descendents of the generation who fought WW II?  What have we become?  What would these whiney, snivelling cowards do if they were actually attacked?  They would cry and [b]beg[/b] for their worthless lives.  Darwin truly was wrong.  There is [b]no[/b] "survival of the fittest."  The unfit are thriving.
View Quote

If actually attacked, they would curl up into a fetal ball and die.  It wouldn't require an attack either.  If electricity and tap water stopped flowing for a week, they would also shrivel up and die.  I'd say at least a quarter of people in this country fit in this group.  They have no concept of self reliance and would totally freak out if, for some reason, they couldn't go down to the local supermarket and get everything they need with their credit card.

Darwinism is alive and well.  Our society just tries to help the worthless bottom feeding scum.  This drags everyone down.  Right now it looks like the unfit are thriving, but we're just in a transitionary phase.  Once the weak are given preferential treatment and those who are self sufficient are eradicated, the whole thing will come tumbling down.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:32:55 AM EDT
[#6]
what a bunch of freaking dawsons creek pussys.
View Quote

Hear, hear!!  
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Silly punkass sissy gay Kali idiots...
OH, this was Maine?

Never mind...
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:14:41 AM EDT
[#8]

from the article, im not sure how old the kids were. just becasue it was a "campus" doesn't mean university.

and the "institute" made me think it might be for young children, or maybe learning disabled.

either way, it's sad these peopel have been taught to fear anyone with a gun. even worse if it was young children with impressionable minds.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:23:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Maine Central Institute is a prep school, used mostly by high school basketball players who are good enough to play college ball but don't have the grades to get in. These are rich kids, or scholarship kids. These aren't Maine kids who grew up with hunting. Most of them have never seen a shotgun in their lives.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:06:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Originally quoted in Bangor News:
Many students were terrified and began crying,
View Quote

[V]  [b]These[/b] are the descendents of the generation who fought WW II?  What have we become?  What would these whiney, snivelling cowards do if they were actually attacked?  They would cry and [b]beg[/b] for their worthless lives.  Darwin truly was wrong.  There is [b]no[/b] "survival of the fittest."  The unfit are thriving.
View Quote

Actually these are the descendents of the generation that participated in the Anti-War/Military demonstrations during the Vietnam War.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh my god, I have a 17 year old daughter that would have responded with discust. I can hear her know "what kind of gun?" " I need to know to know the range" " I need to get to my car, and I am damn well going to call dad" Ya'll would love Tammy. She is 5'7" blond and blue eyed, 107 lbs carries a cell phone and a 20 ga.
She is also her fathers daughter.:)

SFC(ret) Rew E. Williams
All glory to the infantry!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 10:10:57 AM EDT
[#12]
You people have no right to criticize flag waiving patriots.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 10:22:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Maybe I am wrong, but I would think that people would expect to see more armed law abiding citizens and actually feel more comfortable about it after what happened.  I guess that would be too logical and I keep forgetting that logic does not apply to anti-gun, weeny, pussy, cowards like these.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oh my god, I have a 17 year old daughter that would have responded with discust. I can hear her know "what kind of gun?" " I need to know to know the range" " I need to get to my car, and I am damn well going to call dad" Ya'll would love Tammy. She is 5'7" blond and blue eyed, 107 lbs carries a cell phone and a 20 ga.
She is also her fathers daughter.:)

SFC(ret) Rew E. Williams
All glory to the infantry!!
View Quote

Hehe! I know what you mean. My 16 year old would have wanted to debate the values of a side by side v. a pump. BTW, she uses a 12ga, but she got a couple of pounds on your youngster [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top