Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2001 3:43:16 AM EDT
With all of the protests going on in the Middle East, and our rather shakey relationship with China, things could get very, very ugly. I think that all of the elements are there... just waiting for the kicker. I could also just be full of crap... but you never know.

Share your thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 4:01:44 AM EDT
[#1]
headed for it?, wealcome to it, its here.

just starting to wind up thats all.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 4:04:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Well its hunting season and unless I'm at work I'm in the woods so I don't know a lot of details about whats going on.  But, yeah I don't think it would take a whole lot to bring another country into this, on the Afghan side that is.  

But there is no need to be paranoid about it, if it happens it happens, I hope we are ready for it if it does.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:37:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Nah!  I don't think so.  All the big guys (U.S, Russia, China, U.N. and NATO) are on the same page.  China just want to play the game if you need me, pay me and I will be your friend.

...No, not yet.  Relax.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:09:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Protests are nominal for now.  Much less violent than protests we have had, except the Pakistani police will shoot and kill you.

So far they have no umph, just terrorists.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:17:17 AM EDT
[#5]
A hundred years from now, when children in school are learning about World War III, it will be taught that it all started on September 11th in the year of our Lord 2001.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:27:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Rainman... if there's a World War III, there won't be children in schools 100 years from now...
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:31:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A hundred years from now, when children in school are learning about World War III, it will be taught that it all started on September 11th in the year of our Lord 2001.
View Quote

As long as it didn't start September 11th in the year of Mohammed/Allah 2001.
LOL

My concerns are with pakistan and palistine.  

If Pakistan falls, there is about 75% chance we will be nuking their nuclear facilities, weapons stockpiles and research facilities to prevent the enemy from obtaining that technology.  That could get very messy.

The palistinians are seriously fighting among themselves.  That could become very very unstable.  If the instability in palistine causes a war between isreal and the palistinians, we are in for a world war because the arab nations will all back the palistinians.  Arafat is not a nice peace loving guy, but those who would take his place are 10 times worse, and starting to rise up against him.

Edited because we need a built-in grammar checker!
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:46:15 AM EDT
[#8]
As far as I can tell, it would be Pakistan coming unglued that would bring about the biggest problems.

I'm not talking about more protests or burning things. I'm talking about total revolution there, which is far from unlikely.

The only thing worse than a fanatical Islamic State is a fanatical Islamic state with nukes.

As you know, WW1 snowballed from the assassination of the Arch Duke. Think a WW3 or at least a MAJOR world conflict could erupt from people who FULLY support Bin Ladin gaining control of Pakistans nuclear arsenal?

Lets hope Pakistan can keep their domestic issues under control.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Rainman... if there's a World War III, there won't be children in schools 100 years from now...
View Quote

To paraphrase Albert Einstein, "I don't know with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones..."
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:49:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I agree with the other here that said it has already started.

We are in the 'Poland' phase and most of the world is not going to get too excited.

The 'France' phase will occur and probably out of Egypt (via revolution), Iran or Iraq, or sme nation hitting Israel hard. Within 18 months

It will not be as big as WWII.  There will be tactical nuclear strikes.  More attacks will occur on US mainland.

2 bits.

Zaz
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:45:17 AM EDT
[#11]
 I don't want to give odds one way or the other, but this does not look good.  China has sent thousands of Chinese Muslims by truck convoy to support the Taliban(!) and everybody is planning on tactical nukes.  Having Russia, China, and the US bouncing around Afghanistan reminds me of three gorillas in a phone booth.  Couple with that, the fact that Pakistan, Egypt, Palestine, or any other Muslim regime (Iran or Iraq) my decide to help out Afghanistan, and life gets very interesting indeed.  
 Reminds me of Poland, 1939.  Check six and check chamber.....
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:54:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Lets see, WWIII the Moslem world versus the rest of the world. Any Moslem country with nukes would be lucky to deliver one across the street let alone out of their borders. If it becomes "WWIII" it would last a few months in the worst case scenario. My money is on the rest of the world.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I agree with the other here that said it has already started.

We are in the 'Poland' phase and most of the world is not going to get too excited.

The 'France' phase will occur and probably out of Egypt (via revolution), Iran or Iraq, or sme nation hitting Israel hard. Within 18 months

It will not be as big as WWII.  There will be tactical nuclear strikes.  More attacks will occur on US mainland.

2 bits.

Zaz
View Quote

Sounds reasonable to me.  Won't be "as big" as WW2, but some of it WILL be here this time.  Bioweapon counterstrike or IND at any time in any city.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:02:45 AM EDT
[#14]
IMHO, If the third world countries in the middle east decided to escalate the conflict, say detonate a nuke in the back of a truck in downtown LA, that would be it.The American people would scream for blood, and the complete destruction of Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, ect. would ensue. Using a weapon of mass destruction on the US is suicide on a nation-state scale.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
With all of the protests going on in the Middle East, and our rather shakey relationship with China, things could get very, very ugly. I think that all of the elements are there... just waiting for the kicker. I could also just be full of crap... but you never know.

Share your thoughts?
View Quote

Not going to happen. This will not be a ww3. Not with these muslim contries anyway. They are too 3rd world. As one guy said, even they had a nuke they would probably nuke their own people by accident. It is kind of like when Sadam and the media was saying before the gulf war, 4th largest army in the world, mother of all wars, another vietnam, yeah that was a terrible 3 day war with so damn many people surrendering we had to let them go. No I don't think this will be ww3.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#16]
No, not yet. 10 years from now.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 10:17:39 AM EDT
[#17]
WWW III? No.  The next Cold War, most definitely.  Lots of tension.  Occasionally flairing into violence.  And may very well last as long as the "old" cold war.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 10:21:43 AM EDT
[#18]
It's started, it's here, get used to it. We are already bombing them, and droping food at the same time???? We need to realize, it's a war, peroid, and it will last a long time if we are not willing to win. We need to win, and if we have to be ruthless so be it. I have a 1 year old grandson, I would rather not have him remember too much about this war.

SFC(ret) Rew E. Williams
All glory to the infantry!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
  China has sent thousands of Chinese Muslims by truck convoy to support the Taliban(!) and everybody is planning on tactical nukes.
View Quote

Where exactly did you hear about China trucking in muslims? The only boarder they share with Afghanistan is controled by the Nothern Alliance. Any sources I could look at?

And about "everybody planning tactical nukes." Just a hunch but I'd say that's a slight over statement.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Blah, blah, blah.  Nobody here or anywhere knows what's going to happen and whether this will be WWIII or not.  China trucking thousands??? Give me a break.  Someone even had to throw in the 'blue helmets'.  Give it a rest.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 10:40:47 AM EDT
[#21]
No, not WWIII, We currently enjoy vast military superiority over any Islamic counntry. Look what we did to Iraq.  I cannot think of a more one sided victory in the history of warfare. The big countries, like Egypt or Saudi Arabia are smart enough to sit this one out. (I hope)

But, even if they don't, All of them together, would not equal the threat posed by Germany in WWI or WWII.

US civilians are motivated and committed this time, unlike during  Vietnam. We will prevail.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Hard to tell what the "moderate" Muslim countries will do.  Let's see what comes out of the following (from Yahoo news):

The Iraqi foreign minister also denounced the continued enforcement of northern and southern no-fly zones over Iraq by U.S. and British fighter jets.

``Iraqi villages and cities are the target of shelling on a daily basis by U.S. and British aircraft,'' he said.

Sabri is in Qatar to take part in an emergency meeting of the 56-member Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC), called by Iran to formulate a Muslim stance to the U.S. attacks.

``They (OIC countries) should formulate a unified position that rejects aggression against Arab and Muslim states and rejects confusing terrorism with Islam,'' Sabri said.

``We hope that Arabs and Muslims would take a unified and just stance, because the aggression targets all Arabs and Muslims. The great terrorist campaign that the United States launched targets all.''

Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:18:09 PM EDT
[#23]
"the middle east decided to escalate the conflict, say detonate a nuke in the back of a truck in downtown LA, that would be it.The American people would scream for blood "

actually the rest of the country would jump for JOY
a few million dead kalifuckers would make the world a better place
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:02:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Well there are some people who cannot at this time escape PR Kalifornia.  I would like for them to get out first.

Ben
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:10:23 AM EDT
[#25]
I honestly understand your dislike for Kalifornia LAgunman2K, but those are still Americans, and we have a lot of ar15.com Brothers in Kali...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top