Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2001 12:36:58 AM EDT
Dudes!! This is YOUR movie!!

The first Tremors had some Burt in it, the hero, with his pro gun ways.

Tremors 2 they knew who the man was so he was in it a lot more and again... was the hero.

Tremors 3... STARRING BURT!!

Oh man.. you guys are gonna love this. He built this huge fort back where part 1 was filmed along with weapons of a LARGE Army. I'm halfway through it and am loving it! It's cheesy.. but is a great movie for all us gun owners.

One scene I was laughin my ass off. Some law enforcment officers greet them and the mexican guy starts blabbin "oh my cousin is getting married his green card.." then one other guy starts goin off about paying his taxes and then Burt starts yelling "The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed!!!"

hehehehe go out and rent it duders, I rented my copy at Blockbuster video.

[img]http://stampede-entertainment.com/tremors3/guns-l.jpg[/img]

Burt's gun wall
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 12:41:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh HELL YEAH!!!

He is in his own indoor shooting range and is shooting a standard A2 AR-15!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could take screen shots of it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 12:47:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks interesting.  I'll have to check it out.

[center][img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005NGAH.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/img][/center]

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 3:11:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I just saw the DVD for sale at Wally World for $9.98. Maybe I should have picked it up [:\]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:31:57 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a bad B movie, cheesy as hell. But you gotta love it for Burt, jokes about all his guns and MRE's throughout the movie.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:52:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[img]http://stampede-entertainment.com/tremors3/guns-l.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Don't rent or buy this movie! The producers still haven't paid me for using my basement for filming!
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:15:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Michael Gross is an anti-gun weenie and is on the national committee of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. Just like sylvester stallone and richard dean anderson, he believes that it is ok for them to use guns in pursuit of their "art" but the 2nd Amendment does not apply to the rest of the people.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:18:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I liked it [:)] thought it was better than the second one.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#8]
The poster looks like he's got a Mini-14 in a bullpup stock. Maybe bushmaster/muzzlelite.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I should have known a thread on this would pop up, I just got a flyer in the mail from Blockbuster with their new releases and I laughed my ass off at the sight of a "Tremors III" movie.

I'll likely rent it to watch it and see how gun-nutty it is and to see how cheesy the monster worm/things are this time around, last time was pretty lame but the LAR Grizzly shot that was in the movie is a great one.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:02:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The poster looks like he's got a Mini-14 in a bullpup stock. Maybe bushmaster/muzzlelite.
View Quote

It is a muzzlelite Mini 14.  The monsters have nothing to worry about.  Those things are pure sh!t!
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow,  I guess it all went downhill after "Family Ties" got canceled.

I saw Tremors and Tremors II and they are very enjoyable B grade films.  Fred Ward really deserves better, he is a good actor.  

Always liked the survivalist character played by Gross--he even reloaded his own ammo for his elephant gun.  "I am completely out of ammo--that's never happened to me before!"  

Are you sure that Gross is an anti?  I mean, he seems to know a lot about firearms and how to handle them and can really pull off that character.  He was also in a tv movie a few years back that dramatized the FBI shootout with the bank robbers in Florida.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Just watched it and it was pretty damn funny. I thought they did a good job of making his character look like the smart one in the group, at least the most prepared on anyway. He difinitely had a nice weapon room.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:04:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't believe me that Gross is anti-gun? Go to the NRA-ILA site and look at the anti-gun groups and individuals list.

Like I said before EVERY week on SG1 that kanadian anti-gun weenie richard dean anderson is running around with guns. Last I heard they are using FN P90s on that show. Just because they use guns in movies or tv doesn't mean they are pro-gun.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 12:31:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Tremors 1 was not a true B movie like 2 and 3.  It was actually in theaters and had a relatively well know actor in Kevin Bacon, and singer Reba McIntyre (sp?).  It is ironic that Burt is anti gun in real life.  Reba McIntyre is very pro gun from what I hear, although possibly just hunting type guns.  She was in the first one as Burt's wife.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 12:37:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Reba is anti-gun.

She tried a "guns for concert tickets" buyback scheme but did not get a single taker.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 12:42:50 AM EDT
[#16]
She should have tried giving away concert tickets at gunpoint. That might have worked better.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 4:54:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey, what about those "Ass-Blasters"? Pretty darned impressive [:D]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:03:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Walmart has it for $9.98???  Dang!!!  I cant find it at my local Wally-World.  Anyone volunteer to let me drop them a check in the mail and send me one in a bubble mailer?  
Is it just Widescreen or is there a Letterbox version?
Drop me a e-mail: [email protected]

Thanks guys...
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:07:04 AM EDT
[#19]
I would think most of you all would think that collection on the wall was a little light in terms of quantity and quality. I mean, Gross is holding one of those cheesy aftermarket bullpup kits on the dust jacket photo, after all! You'd think he'd be wielding a 50 or something.......
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:25:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I would think most of you all would think that collection on the wall was a little light in terms of quantity and quality. I mean, Gross is holding one of those cheesy aftermarket bullpup kits on the dust jacket photo, after all! You'd think he'd be wielding a 50 or something.......
View Quote

He had a Barret 50 cal in Tremors 2 didn't he?  As far as penetration (in the movie by the .50cal) that is pretty accurate in what it went through, right?  I am basing this on the USCM vid I saw with realplayer.

BTW: Anyone have that vid in a BIGGER size??  Like 320X240 OR actually on a vid tape?  I'd love a copy...
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:25:53 AM EDT
[#21]
I do not rent from Blockbuster, they are anti-gun.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
 Are you sure that Gross is an anti? . . .  He was also in a tv movie a few years back that dramatized the FBI shootout with the bank robbers in Florida.  
View Quote

That TV movie really tried to make an anti-gun point, several times.

Link Posted: 10/10/2001 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Imbrog beat me to it.

While I like "Burt" the character Michael Gross is, dare I?, I dare, I dare, grossly anti-gun. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

And Reba...I'd still do her. [sex]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Eric_A, nope it was an LAR Grizzly "shell holder" type bullpup 50BMG.   You get a pretty clear shot in one scene of the movie where he goes to load the rifle and has to remove the buttplate of the rifle to insert the cartridge into the bolt and then chamber it.

When he fires at the bipedal spawn of one of the giant worms he blows that huge assed hole through the wall and right into the engine block of the vehicle they were hoping to escape in.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Gross isn't only a major anti-gun promoter, he's also a big Mumia Abu Jamal supporter. You might have caught him and Ed Assner on one of the news magazine shows confronted with pretty serious evidence that Mumia is the murder that the courts have already decided he is (despite his current "Faulkner was a mob hit and I was set up for the fall" defense that his original lawyer was too embarrased to present a cpouple years back when he made that story up).

Desopite the evidence, the two of them just kept backpedaling. They seem to believe that it's just OK that he killed the cop. Everything that points to his guilt is just the figment of imagination of the police, the DA, the jury, and the redneck white folk of Philadelphia.

Watch it if it turns up on late night TV. Don't buy it if it puts any money in the pocket of this loser.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Imbroglio, I would never question your wisdom, you're alway right on the mark.

It's just depresssing...
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:18:58 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll watch any movie with cool guns in it as long as it ins't trying to make a big anti-gun point. Then all these anti-gun jerkoff actors can sit around and wonder why only their gun movies are succesful.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Fun movie for fans of the genre.

Some serious flaws concerning Burt, our survival nut:

1.  his roof would have been concrete
2.  they should have reloaded the minute they got to his retreat
3.  Burt would have had at least one alternate retreat
4.  Burt would have had some caches elsewhere
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#29]
I can't believe the opening of the movie with Burt chewing up the "Graboid Mk.II's" with that awsome Quad .50.  Best part of the movie.  I had to buy it the day it was released cause I already have the other two on DVD.  It was enjoyable but I was let down a bit.  I was hoping Burt was gonna use B I G G E R guns throughout the rest of the movie...
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#30]
It was a double .50,

One more flaw

Why he didn't grab extra ammo out of his truck before he sent it off the cliff.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#31]
I was hoping Burt had some GE Miniguns.

Maybe Tremors 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top