Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2001 12:42:45 PM EDT
well the kydex holsters, good or not?
they seem good, most are as thin as leather, some like the FIST line, are super thin.

anyone have any opinions?  which company is best?

thanks
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I like all of them but Fobus and Unlce Mikes, both are to flimsy for me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#2]
how about blade tech?
im looking for 2 types, one IWB, one not

thanks

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#3]
SkaerE,

I have a couple of Blade-tech straight drops and like them a lot.  They offer good retention and are just about indestructable.  IMO, they're harder on the finish than leather but that only matters on blued guns.  For a Glock, or anything parked or stainless they're good stuff.  I don't know how keen I'd be on a Kydex IWB.  Seems like leather might be a tad more comfortable, though the non-porus nature of kydex may offer better protection of the gun from sweat and what not.

Unlike hielo, I like the Fobus also.  It is absolutely less durable than a Blade-Tech, but seems sturdy enough.  Plus, I can buy 3 of them for the price of a blade tech.  I have a Fobus paddle and it has held up well so far.  I think they are sturdy enough that they are unlikely to fail without some warning.  If you need a paddle style holster because you'll be needing to take the gun off and put it on I'd suggest trying the Fobus.  It'll at least tell you if you like paddle holsters and if it don't work your only out $20.

Even a Kydex can give you problems.  I had a tension screw fall out of a $50 plus Blade-Tech, but by pure chance happened to be looking down when it fell out.  The rest of that match could have been a problem if I hadn't seen that screw fall.  That said, I don't think you could ever wear out a Blade-tech or other holster of similar kydex material.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:15:42 PM EDT
[#4]
i had a fobus for a glock 23, i liked it
thats why im lookin at another kydex but the different brands kinda confuse me ;)

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Fobus for my Glock 19 and a Side Armor for the Glock 36. I really like the Side Armor, not such a big fan of the Fobus, although I may try the 360 degree rotating one.

Jamie
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I have used Blade-Tech, Fobus, & Ky-Tac.
I prefer BT & KT over the Fobus, but both are double or triple the price of a Fobus...but you get what you pay for.  I'd try before buying.

See:

[url]http://www.blade-tech.com[/url]

[url]http://members.aol.com/KYTAC/index.html[/url]

I have found that the "speed of draw" is much faster from the Ky-Tac.  Ky-Tac is hand molded & slightly more $ than the Blade-Tech brand...but I like both & use both.

Fobus is a throw away holster IMO....don't waste your $.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top