Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2001 7:08:16 AM EDT
What was interesting to me, was what he had to say about who is calling to volunteer.

The vast majority of them are either prior service, or guys in their 30's looking to join the military for the 1st time.

He's only had a few volunteers in the 18-21 YO range.

What conclusion should I draw from this?  
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#1]
30 somethings and prior service might just be patriotic enough to serve but wise enough to choose National Guard or reserves and wait and take their chances of being activated. The kids out of high school may be naive enough to rush right into active duty.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:43:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Could be.

Does anyone know if Active Duty recruiters are seeing an influx?

I was leaping to the conclusion that the public education system had, in large measure, succeeded in programming out any hint of patriotism.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top