Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2001 6:57:41 AM EDT
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2001/HEALTH/10/08/florida.anthrax.case/index.html[/url]

anyone in the area more info? im curious to how the local media are handling this and what the public reaction is..if any.

thanks!
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Dang, someone beat me to it.

[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011008/ts/attack_anthrax_dc_10.html[/url]

Shit.

Now I'm thinking either "test run", "accidental release", or "fizzle".

Of course, if half of Miami comes down with it in the next week. . . .

I hope the CDC determines whether the strain has been selected for antibiotic resistance (I'm sure they're testing it), and releases the news soon.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#2]
My mother worrks in S. Florida and she said after the first case one of her co-workers started screaming "we've been attacked. They've sent Anthrax...." Though, now this is kinda freaky. I wonder if they were slipped Anthrax in their Cocaine. ANybody notice that the dead guy was a Paparazzi. There are many people who hate these assholes.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#3]
wouldn't that be an interesting twist. illegal narcotics used to spread anthrax. (is that even possible?)

wonder what would happen if  lots of big names started developing anthrax infections. talk abotu bad pr. of course, such an announcement might do a good bit to cut drug use in the states.

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 9:25:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Doesn't anyone else find it funny that they found it in the offices of a tabloid publishing company?

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Just how far from the area where the terrorists lived in Florida is it to the offices of the Sun?

Eric The(RumorMillsSaysJustAFewMiles)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 9:37:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Since the Afghanitians control the worlds heroin supply,couldn't they kill  off a bunch of people monkeying with that?
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just how far from the area where the terrorists lived in Florida is it to the offices of the Sun?

Eric The(RumorMillsSaysJustAFewMiles)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

The terrorists lived in Delray Beach.  The offices of the Sun is in Boca Raton.  Delray Beach is the next city north of Boca Raton...so very close. (Probably within 10 miles)
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#8]
How did they get it on the deceased's computer keyboard from 10mi away? That is where they found it in the office.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
ANybody notice that the dead guy was a Paparazzi. There are many people who hate these assholes.
View Quote

Yea, like Sean Penn and Anne Heche.  Those guys have access to Anthrax?  Sh*t, we're in bigger trouble than I thought. [;)]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top