Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2001 6:11:57 PM EDT
holster for a USP 45 compact to carry concealed
i used to carry a glock 23 in a fobus paddle
sometimes a beretta 92f in a shoulder rig...now.
need one for a USP 45 Compact i have on order.

brands?
types of carry?
materials?  leather vs. synthetics

i figure my price range is about $100 max

thanks
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#1]
For inside the pants, I like Don Hume.  They have a pretty good hard leather holster that I carry my Kimber CS in.

For belt wear, I really enjoy Galco's leather goods.

There are all types of holster maker's out there but some can get pretty expensive.  I have found these two makers to be very affordable and durable.

If you want to do some internet searches, try the manufacture's web sites or go to www.galls.com

Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Go Galco, you won't be sorry.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#3]
IMHO, the only thing Galco makes that's decent are their shoulder rigs- the rest is garbage.  I've had really good luck with both Horseshoe Leather (www.horseshoe.co.uk) and Milt Sparks (www.miltsparks.com).  Andy Arratoonian at Horseshoe makes some really awesome belt holsters.  Milt Sparks is the king of the inside-the-waistband holster.  I've been using a Sparks Summer Special II to carry my Glock 35 around, and I absolutely love it.  You can get different belt loops for it that screw on, in case you want to wear different size belts.  His double-thick gunbelts are the best, too.  Check out their websites and see what you think.  I'd stay away from the mass-manufacturers like Galco- they'll charge you the same money as custom makers like Horseshoe and Sparks, but you get a much inferior product.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:13:28 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah, ive been looking at horseshoe, their product seems top rate

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:31:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the Side Armor [url]www.sidearmor.com[/url] for my Glock 36. I'm not sure if they make them for the USP.

Jamie
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:50:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Mitch Rosen Extraordinary Gunleather is my favorite.  www.mitchrosen.com.  Not the cheapest but not that expensive for plain leather.  Leave the exotic skins for the pimps.

I will also vote for Horseshoe as a maker in the excellent category.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:21:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Galco for shoulder rigs, Milt Sparks for IWB, El Paso for pancakes, and Galco or fobus for paddles.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:54:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I really like the Galco Concealable.  It's the most comfortable holster I have ever worn.  The one for my 1911 broke in in no time, but the one for my glock took a little longer (I had to use PURE silicone spray on it).  I also like the Galco Royal Guard for IWB carry.

Mitch Rosen has a new "Express" line that you might want to check out.  I don't own any of their products, but I've heard nothing but good about them.

-Chimborazo
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:00:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
holster for a USP 45 compact to carry concealed
i used to carry a glock 23 in a fobus paddle
sometimes a beretta 92f in a shoulder rig...now.
need one for a USP 45 Compact i have on order.

brands?
types of carry?
materials?  leather vs. synthetics

i figure my price range is about $100 max

thanks
View Quote

I have several fobus holsters and am very happy with them.  My advice is that if you like the fobus you have, get another and spend the rest on ammo.

Kiwi
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 9:16:51 AM EDT
[#10]
If your looking for iwb in leather, get the Milt Sparks Executive Companion.  I have one for my USP .45C and love it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#11]
If you can find one, Mad Dog holsters. The inside the pants rocks. Also might want to look at Bladetech and Eagle Industries.
Ice
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#12]
The most versatile by far is the LFI rig by Ted Blocker.  www.tedblocker.com

Designed by Massad Ayoob of Lethal Force Institute, it is an IWB holster that attaches to the belt with velcro.  Unlimited angle adjustible fro straight, to cant to cross draw.  And inexpensive too.

I just switched from a Mitch Rosen to the LFI.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Mexican Style![):)]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 11:19:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I really like the BladeTech IWB rigs. Have three. Love the way the gun clicks in, very secure, very fast. Have also had good luck with FIST outside carry. They have a lot of options and are priced right. They made me a really nice rig for a custom S&W 1917.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I've tried many hosters...to date I've been the most satisfied with Lou Alessi's products.
My G-27 resides in an Alessi ankle rig or his excellent IWB holster.

-Just .02 from the chairborn ranger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top