Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 2:26:47 AM EDT
[#1]
CANADA DID WIN A WAR BY ITSELF! AGAINST THE US TOO, LEARN HISTORY!
The most recent country to invade Canada was the United States of America. A group of about 200 Americans led by N. Van Schoultz crossed the St. Lawrence river landing just east of Prescott Ontario in 1838. Militia from Kingston were promptly dispatched to engage the invaders and after a brief and bitter battle the US force was defeated in what became know as the Battle of the Windmill. Heavy causalities were suffered by both sides. Van Schoultz was captured and imprisoned in Kingston where he was defended by a young lawyer named John A. Macdonald, who was just commencing his practice of law. Van Schoultz was quickly found guilty and hung — Macdonald lamented at not being able to secure a military firing squad for his client who had at least hoped for an honorable method of execution. This loss at trial appears to have weakened Macdonald's resolve to practice law and may have helped propel him into another line of work; Macdonald turned to politics, where his talents appear to have been better suited. He became the principle architect of Canadian Confederation and in 1867 he was elected the first Prime Minister of Canada.
View Quote

People never heard of Battle of the Windmill? Sheesh, US propeganda will next have you forget vietnam.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 5:55:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:28:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I can't believe this has gotten more replies than my thread about Asparagus.[:(]
View Quote

Asparagus rules!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:32:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Here is Treetop taking on an attacker. [:D]

[img]www.somethingawful.com/cliff/ihateyou/page-87-05.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:45:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:52:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 9:01:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ulysse_Nardin_1846, very nice job...well done.

I to am in a fowl mood..my chicken died[:(]
View Quote

didn't momma tell you you shouldn't choke your chicken that hard [:D]

[beer]
View Quote

BUT THE CHICKEN WAS TRYING TO GET AWAY!!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OK, in light of the above post, and current events, I take back any comments about Canada until this business is over.  [;)]
View Quote

Agreed
[img]http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/images/smilies/america.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Gary owen is that a big thumb sticking out of the top of your shirt? Oh wait thats your neck and head.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top