Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2001 12:16:46 AM EDT
An Arab terrorist in the guise of an Israeli paratrooper, opened fire at a bus staion in the Samaritan town of Afula, Israel. Three killed and five wounded.

See story at:
[url]
http://www.jpost.com/Editions/2001/10/05/News/News.35754.html[/url]

From the article -

Police Insp.-Gen. Shlomo Aharonishky noted that terrorists had disguised themselves in the past to try and blend in with the people, as did one in Jerusalem who dressed up as an haredi, [u]but this is the first known case of a terrorist using an IDF uniform[/u].

He emphasized that police had been briefed about this and other possibilities. "I have to stress what we have said before - that it is impossible to prevent all incidents, but that when one does occur it is important that it ends as this one did," he said.

"The correct and determined actions of the Yoav unit members, who have been trained for months and years, brought a speedy end to this incident, which could have been a lot worse," he said.

Deputy Internal Security Minister Gideon Ezra who also went to the scene said the guards had undoubtedly prevented a serious attack from becoming even more deadly.

Nevertheless, he stressed that it followed a chain of other serious incidents in Jerusalem, Elei Sinai, and Hebron, and that it is impossible for the IDF, police, and other security forces to "protect every centimeter, know who is disguised or not, and know who has entered the country [from the territories] legally or not.

"Arafat knows perfectly well who is the commander of this [Afula] terrorist and who is in charge of his commander and so on and can deal with them [if he so desires].

"I think the decisions we require today are military - and not political... The time period for checking whether there has been a cease-fire or not expired on Tuesday and there was no cease-fire.

"The decision of the cabinet was that the government and its various forces will do everything necessary to defend Israel and its citizens.

"In most places it is necessary to hit the sources of terror where they exist. If they are hiding among the civilian population, then it will be necessary to warn them to get out so that we can deal with terror," said Ezra.

I've always wondered why we never see more Israeli uniforms, BDUs, helmet, LBEs, etc., here at gun shows, militaria shows, and at the army surplus stores.

Now I think I know why!

Eric The(IPaid$150.00ForIsraeliParatrooperHelmet,It'sTheOnlyOneI'veEverSeen!)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 10/6/2001 2:53:46 AM EDT
[#1]
What cease fire?

Dirty bastards can't fight fair, wouldn't fight fair even if they do get their own country.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top