Page / 742
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:00:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#1]
[     ]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:01:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
You guys got me to start rewatching Mirai Nikki...

View Quote

Shhhhhh just let it happen.....shhhhhh
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:28:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By SOMT:
I think he meant AoT.

Season one is a cliffhanger. Season two is in the making but likely won't be seen until another year goes by.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Casval214:

Originally Posted By pokey074:

Originally Posted By Tosis:

Finished Attack on Titan.  Did anybody else realize who the Female Titan was almost immediately after seeing her?  I mean it's pretty obvious; just look at the nose.

I think I'll start watching Death Note.

I really don't like how it ends.

Isn't it just a cliffhanger until season 2 premiers?

Nope that is the ending you get. there are currently only 37 episodes, I have no idea if they plan to make more. That doesn't seem likely though.

To be clear I am talking about the end of the second season.

I think he meant AoT.

Season one is a cliffhanger. Season two is in the making but likely won't be seen until another year goes by.

Yes, I was talking about Attack on Titan.

Watching Bakemonogatari now. Not quite sure what to think of it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:48:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#4]
[     ]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Non Non Biyori OVA out!
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Watched all 25 episodes of Attack on Titan over the weekend. I am hooked, it is awesome.
View Quote

Read all the current manga while flying down to Vegas this past Saturday.

Now I can't wait for more.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By greybear:
Non Non Biyori OVA out!
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n282/kodiak518/misc/That-Is-Excellent-MrBurns.jpg

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#8]

So many runoffs of Gundam Wing, which was one of my favorites as a kid by the way.
View Quote

Wings was OK. I'm more of a UC fan, though.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:56:56 AM EDT
[#9]
http://www.crunchyroll.com/nobunaga-concerto

Nobunaga Concerto

the story seems ok, but cant stand the animation style...
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By tep0583:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tep0583:

So many runoffs of Gundam Wing, which was one of my favorites as a kid by the way.

Excuse my ignorance at the moment, but remind me what UC is that you're talking about.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By OhioLongRange:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/nobunaga-concerto

Nobunaga Concerto

the story seems ok, but cant stand the animation style...
View Quote

Yep.  I can understand the reasoning for that art style (looks more like art from that period), but it's annoying.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Non Non Biyori OVA out!
View Quote

So the second season will start in Okinawa?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:06:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Excuse my ignorance at the moment, but remind me what UC is that you're talking about.
View Quote

UC = Universal Century. The main/original Gundam timeline, including the original MSG, Zeta, 0080, 0083, 08th MS, etc.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:29:25 AM EDT
[#14]
So where can I find episodes 13-15 of Bakemonogatari?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:47:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#15]
[     ]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:22:44 AM EDT
[#16]

IM sent.
View All Quotes

So where can I find episodes 13-15 of Bakemonogatari?

IM sent.

Thanks. I ended up finding them and watching them on AnimeFreak. Guess I should have thought of checking there first.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Is Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse any good?

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Episode 4 of SAO 2 is out.

I haven't been able to watch it, yet, but I heard that they did show Kirito's new avatar.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Sealy:
Is Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse any good?

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1342/98/1342984739167.jpg

View Quote

Worth watching.  One of my favorites.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:16:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Omni] [#20]

Originally Posted By JPN:

I haven't been able to watch it, yet, but I heard that they did show Kirito's new avatar.
View Quote

They do show his new Avatar in this ep.

As a side note does anyone else feel that this season of SAO is getting off to a slow start?

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:41:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Omni:

As a side note does anyone else feel that this season of SAO is getting off to a slow start?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Omni:

From what I've read elsewhere, this season will probably be only about 12 episodes and cover only volumes 5 and 6 of the light novel series.  At the end of episode three, the story was about at the point of two thirds of the way through volume 5.  A new virtual world and new characters (including a new main character) were introduced for this arc, so a lot of time was spent on setting things up.

Should pick up the pace, about now.

They are unfortunately following a practice they used in the first season.  A lot of the story material is being left out of the anime, to condense it down to fit the number of episodes they have to work with.  But the season would have started even slower, if they had included the extra material.  

Things like Shino's mother being a complete emotional wreck before the post office incident happened.  Shino's father died after a truck hit their car and forced it off the road in a remote area. The truck driver died instantly in the crash. Shino was mostly unhurt and strapped into the back seat of their car.  Shino's mother was trapped in the front passenger seat with broken legs.  And Shino's father was in the driver's seat.  He died from internal bleeding, over a period of hours as Shino's mother helplessly watched, then someone passing by noticed the wreckage.

Shino and her mother then moved away from the city to live in a small town (where the post office incident would occur) with Shino's grandparents.  Shino's mother couldn't deal with the memories, got rid of any pictures or reminders of Shino's father, and reverted to how she was as a teenager.  She apparently viewed Shino as a little sister that she loved very much, rather than seeing her as her daughter.  That happened when Shino was about two years old.  Because of this, Shino grew up being very protective of her mother, which is why she went on the attack when her mother was threatened.  She had already been somewhat ostracized by other kids, for having an odd mother and her behavior when she saw something as a threat to her mother, but her classmates used every word they could come up with for "murderer", after the post office incident.  The post office incident added new, deep scars for both of them.

Kirito's conversation in the restaurant also touched on reasons for the government being interested in the virtual games.  Besides the possibility of new types of crimes, there's economic issues and the possibility that the military could use the technology for training - do PT in the real world, but do weapon and tactics training in the virtual world, at a greatly reduced cost.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:49:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigPony] [#22]

View Quote

Are the new ones dubbed yet? I just loved that show! Hits you right in the feels.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By BigPony:

Are the new ones dubbed yet?
View Quote

Booo. Hissss.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By David_ESM:

Booo. Hissss.
View All Quotes

Booo. Hissss.

Don't be mean.  Some people have trouble reading.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Booo. Hissss.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:38:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Walkure:

UC = Universal Century. The main/original Gundam timeline, including the original MSG, Zeta, 0080, 0083, 08th MS, etc.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Walkure:

This.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:40:24 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Booo. Hissss.

I want good, well acted dialogue if I am watching a show or movie. Having to look down at the bottom of the screen to read what they're saying is retarded.  Along with the terrible Japanese voice actors.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:41:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Blacktide:

I want good, well acted dialogue if I am watching a show or movie. Having to look down at the bottom of the screen to read what they're saying is retarded.  Along with the terrible Japanese voice actors.
View All Quotes

Booo. Hissss.

Sometimes the animators do some weird shit and you miss it because your trying to read.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:43:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Swoosh101:

Sometimes the animators do some weird shit and you miss it because your trying to read.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Swoosh101:

Booo. Hissss.

lol exactly.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:31:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Most American anime voice actors suck. I want the emotion and vibe that the author/director intended. Subs only for me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:12:52 AM EDT
[#31]

Not sure why I am making the correlation, could be 4am talking, but I think anyone who liked Death Note would probably like Future Diary.

View Quote

just watched the first episode looks good.  Quick question does this have any nudity sex, rapey stuff in it?  Id let my kid watch it with me if it's only violence but I try to limit the perverted stuff.  She doesn't need to see that kind of stuff.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:14:07 AM EDT
[#32]

Most American anime voice actors suck. I want the emotion and vibe that the author/director intended. Subs only for me.
View Quote
there isn't a single one of the five or six that you like?

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:34:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:27:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#34]
[     ]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:51:07 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
This.

Seems like most of the dubbed stuff uses the same exact guys for voicing. They don't look for a voice to fit the role, they just pump out the dub as quick as they can for as many things as possible.

The voice acting on the originals is far superior.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By victorgonzales:

Plus Yuno...

View All Quotes

Not sure why I am making the correlation, could be 4am talking, but I think anyone who liked Death Note would probably like Future Diary.

Plus Yuno...

just watched the first episode looks good.  Quick question does this have any nudity sex, rapey stuff in it?  Id let my kid watch it with me if it's only violence but I try to limit the perverted stuff.  She doesn't need to see that kind of stuff.

I guess it depends on if it is the cut version or not. Original has a number of bare breast scenes, cut is a bit tamer, but there is definitely some sexual content.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#37]
I didn't realize the Gundam storyline was so intricate. The one I've always enjoyed is After Century if I've read everyone correctly. I remember watching the original Mobile Suit Gundam but then skipped right to After Century.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Started watching the original Pokemon. Ahh memories.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

I completely agree, it also seems to my ears that American voice actors do not have the "range" that Japanese actors do. I dislike dubs since it seems that the same three actors do every freaking show.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#40]
On the topic of dubs, I noticed last night, that crunchyroll has the dub of Toradora in addition to the sub.  I was impressed with the dub voice acting as it seemed to be cast well.   The voices fit wit the charaters well.

We have fantastic voice actors over here, but the casting choices and voice directing is usually just phoned in for most anime.  I was watching that Emerald City Comic Con event the other day as seen HERE and the talent level of those actors is very impressive.

Anime is still seen as the same thing as cartoons.  Sure we have plenty of cartoons for adults these days like Venture Brothers or Archer, but its only widely accepted as comedy.

I think it will only get worse as anime fans largely watch streaming and don't buy.  I certainly don't want to spend my money on any but the series i really like. Not much profit to be made of me.

Anyone see Kyousougiga? I found it last night browsing cruchyroll and was really impressed.  Animation similar to Little Witch Academia and a interesting "fairy tale" type story.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Toradora is fun for the entire family
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:17:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigPony] [#42]
View Quote

They are really good in Sword Art Online I thought though. Especially the lead male character. Another one that comes to mind is Full Metal Alchemist. Ed and Al were really done well.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:28:06 PM EDT
[#43]

They are really good in Sword Art Online I thought though. Especially the lead male character. Another one that comes to mind is Full Metal Alchemist. Ed and Al were really done well.
View All Quotes

There are some that are done well.

Then there are others that are so horrible that you can decide the show is complete crap and stop watching it, then later watch the sub and realize it's a pretty darn good show.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:42:37 AM EDT
[#44]

Then there are others that are so horrible that you can decide the show is complete crap and stop watching it, then later watch the sub and realize it's a pretty darn good show.
View All Quotes

I just don't even bother any more. 99.9% of my anime watching is from Netflix or Crunchyroll and they always seem to have the subs available. There are a couple (Claymore and Angel Beats come to mind) that I originally watched dubbed and really need to go back and rewatch them with the original Japanese audio.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:56:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Holy crap, I just stumbled across Girls Und Panzer.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:05:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By FishKepr:
View Quote

Caution, Mako sleepy.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:06:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By FishKepr:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:17:39 AM EDT
[#48]
I know you guys aren't hating on Steve Blum, right?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:08:24 AM EDT
[#49]

Good dubs:

The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Noir
Lucky Star (debatable, but the dub was intended to almost match the tone/sound of the japanese seiyuu)
View All Quotes
there isn't a single one of the five or six that you like?

Good dubs:

The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Noir
Lucky Star (debatable, but the dub was intended to almost match the tone/sound of the japanese seiyuu)

I hate dubs but the 1st anime I ever watched was a dubbed FLCL. It still holds up
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:10:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#50]
[     ]
Page / 742
Who watches Anime? (Page 119 of 742)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top