Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Who watches Anime? (Page 173 of 742)
Page / 742
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#1]
FMA live action coming. Though you guys probably already knew that. (I swear I searched the thread!)

Fullmetal Alchemist Live-Action Official Teaser Trailer #1 (2017) Action Movie HD

Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:10:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TaskForce] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tomislav:
FMA live action coming. Though you guys probably already knew that. (I swear I searched the thread!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azPVumixZuE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLPUTVzxjGA
View Quote
Holy shit that looks awful.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:15:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackOpScottie] [#3]
Originally Posted By GilenusX207:
Anybody seeing Your Name this weekend?

I've got a ticket for Sunday night. Have to drive to fucking Ballantyne/Charlotte for subs.
View Quote
Is the Dub even out for this yet? I want to watch it funimation says it has it but it won't let us play it, wtf. I noticed I can purchase the DVD but not sure if I want it that badly, whenever I hear of the plot I automatically think of ranma. With all the hype surrounding I have some hope but I've been dissapointed by hyped anime before.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:19:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Blacktide:

Holy shit that looks awful.
View Quote
Yeah. I've yet to see a Japanese movie that had good looking cinematography

They should stick to animation
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BlackOpScottie:

Is the Dub even out for this yet? I want to watch it funimation says it has it but it won't let us play it, wtf. I noticed I can purchase the DVD but not sure if I want it that badly, whenever I hear of the plot I automatically think of ranma. With all the hype surrounding I have some hope but I've been dissapointed by hyped anime before.
View Quote
at least one of the theaters that's showing it in Houston has subbed and dubbed versions
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By mcantu:

at least one of the theaters that's showing it in Houston has subbed and dubbed versions
View Quote
Cool, really wish I had time to go see this. No baby sitters lined up last time I saw anime in theaters was probably Pokémon the first movie lol.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:43:07 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
The closest theater to me is dub only. The theater I'm going to is dub for the first showtime then subbed the rest of the day.

Where are you seeing the Bluray/DVD for sale? Don't mean to hype it more, but I'd buy it right effin now.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 7:46:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Dub is a bad word in this house too. Sub master race ftw.
View Quote
I don't read movies for the same reason I don't watch books.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:42:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackOpScottie] [#9]

The closest theater to me is dub only. The theater I'm going to is dub for the first showtime then subbed the rest of the day.

Where are you seeing the Bluray/DVD for sale? Don't mean to hype it more, but I'd buy it right effin now.
View Quote
Playtech asia

That's literally the only place I saw it. I'm pretty good at google-fu too.

OK  just bought a copy. I'll let you know if I ever get it. I spent the extra coin for the expres ship. Must be a direct import from japan.

Edit: did some googling (after purchase derp) apparently their stuff is bootlegged and the subs can be off...guess that's the first and last time I use that company, fug should have known, the price was too good to be true.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Playtech asia

That's literally the only place I saw it. I'm pretty good at google-fu too.

OK  just bought a copy. I'll let you know if I ever get it. I spent the extra coin for the expres ship. Must be a direct import from japan.

Edit: did some googling (after purchase derp) apparently their stuff is bootlegged and the subs can be off...guess that's the first and last time I use that company, fug should have known, the price was too good to be true.
View Quote
Damn, hate that.  Hopefully it's not the low-quality pre-release rip that was floating around the internet for months.

I thought Funimation had opened pre-orders or something.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SGStiles:
I'm not against dubs, I'm against bad dubs.
View Quote
Same here. Due to retina damage, I have a very hard time reading subs anymore.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Damn, hate that.  Hopefully it's not the low-quality pre-release rip that was floating around the internet for months.

I thought Funimation had opened pre-orders or something.
View Quote
Just got done seeing it in theaters subbed fam! Talk about a heart string puller. So many feels in that one, really enjoyed it. I would say definitely up to the hype. I was just worried because we don't like re;zero that much even though that was pretty hyped up too.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I've started watching SAO II.

Kirito's first time shooting an FN five seven (and completely missing the target) reminds me of the first time that I shot my S&W Model 41.

And my second time. And my third time.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#15]
ooh, Eromanga Sensei is actually GOOD.

I was expecting something like Oreimo before dropping it but I'm staying on the ride
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Pre ordered Outlaw Star and Big O on Blu-ray yesterday. Supposed to be out in June. Been looking to buy the DVD sets for a while but they were going for stupid prices.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Just saw an ad for AoT Season 2 on TV.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By IslandTimes:
Pre ordered Outlaw Star and Big O on Blu-ray yesterday. Supposed to be out in June. Been looking to buy the DVD sets for a while but they were going for stupid prices.
View Quote
Was watching Big O recently.  Damn it's a really good series.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Watched "All out!" on crunchyroll. Was pretty good and got me interested in rugby.

Now im almost done with "Ace of the Dimond" been pretty good so far.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:04:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Gas__Operated:
ooh, Eromanga Sensei is actually GOOD.

I was expecting something like Oreimo before dropping it but I'm staying on the ride
View Quote
The character designer for this and Oreimo is also a trance/electronic music composer. He has fans write the lyrics and uses Vocaloid for the singing parts. The guy is great. Hiro Kanzaki. Goes by a bunch of names though: Hiroyuki Oda/Tripshots/Hanasoumen-P or HSP.

Someone on here posted his music and I have been hooked ever since

HSP Unfragment

WanderGirl

A pretty sweet live set...

I draw and do graphic design but if I lived another 100 years I'd never be able to draw figures in the perspectives he does.

Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:59:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By SGStiles:
Just saw an ad for AoT Season 2 on TV.
View Quote
First two episodes already aired.  It's pretty good so far.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:35:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Truly, one of the greatest characters in the history of Japanimation

Armstrong Healing Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:42:39 PM EDT
[#23]
"Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor" so far is such an over-the-top trainwreck of WTF-ness that I will have to keep watching just to convince myself that it's truly as awful of a piece of crap as it appears to be.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 4:05:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Anyone watched the Saga of Tanya the Evil yet?  Premise is weird but interesting.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 4:07:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I should hang out here more often.  So much to go through.  I'd have to re-translate some things to get the right stuff.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 4:09:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SilentDrifterGT] [#26]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:
Anyone watched the Saga of Tanya the Evil yet?  Premise is weird but interesting.  
View Quote
I enjoyed it.  I like the setting of it, and how she got her powers and all.

Edit:  Also, has anyone signed up for Amazon's Anime Strike? They managed to get most of Sentai Filmworks anime's this season.  I'm not a big fan of how Amazon does subtitles, but it'll do.  Just not big on it being another $4.99/month, on top of the cost of Prime.  I think it should be included into Prime at the very least.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By SilentDrifterGT:
I enjoyed it.  I like the setting of it, and how she got her powers and all.

Edit:  Also, has anyone signed up for Amazon's Anime Strike? They managed to get most of Sentai Filmworks anime's this season.  I'm not a big fan of how Amazon does subtitles, but it'll do.  Just not big on it being another $4.99/month, on top of the cost of Prime.  I think it should be included into Prime at the very least.
View Quote
I signed up a few days ago so I could (legally) watch Saekano, Anonymous Noise, and Grimoire of Zero.

They also have some Shinkai and Kon movies.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#28]
So I have a request for you guys.  I am way, way behind on anime due to basically being a vegetable from health issues the past few years.  Given what I like, could you guys recommend some new shows?

Ones I like:
GITS, including SAC and movies
Trigun
Appleseed
Orphen, although I haven't seen it in probably a decade so YMMV
Saga of Tanya the Evil (started it last night and it's pretty solid) 
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 6:06:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#29]
So I have a request for you guys.  I am way, way behind on anime due to basically being a vegetable from health issues the past few years.  Given what I like, could you guys recommend some new shows?

Ones I like:
Trigun
Appleseed
View Quote
Someone that likes GITS would probably like Psycho-Pass, though it's not one of the more recent shows.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By JPN:
Someone that likes GITS would probably like Psycho-Pass, though it's not one of the more recent shows.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Ones I like:
Trigun
Appleseed
I have heard that's good, but haven't seen it yet.  Will poke around crunchyroll later.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
Watched it beginning to end. Really enjoyed it, kinda jarring to see an anime with almost no fanservice so it succeeds on the strength of its writing and action scenes.

I had to talk to a friend of mine who is an expert on war gaming and tactics to really understand what was going on in the last two episodes though.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:51:14 PM EDT
[#32]
I started "One Punch Man". At first I wasn't sure if I somehow accidentally started DBZ The show seems hilarious
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:51:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
The show seems hilarious
View Quote
It is.

If my memory isn't off, a second season has already been announced.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:02:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Tomislav:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azPVumixZuE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLPUTVzxjGA
View Quote
My Daughter loves that series, we cant wait to see it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 4:40:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:

My Daughter loves that series, we cant wait to see it.
View Quote
I've been having the urge to rewatch Brotherhood again, even though I did last year
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 4:49:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Truly, one of the greatest characters in the history of Japanimation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Zrsd-h40o
View Quote
This actually convinced me that I don't need to ever watch FMA
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 4:57:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By ToledoXJ:
This actually convinced me that I don't need to ever watch FMA
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 7:22:07 AM EDT
[#38]

Ones I like:
Trigun
Appleseed
View Quote
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/pokey074
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm going to start doing 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats and a 10k run

I'll do it for 3 years

EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 1:08:13 PM EDT
[#40]

I'll do it for 3 years

EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
View Quote
Your hair might fall out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:23:46 AM EDT
[#41]
What have people started up this season besides the obvious (Attack on Titan S2, Berserk, Hero Academy S2, etc)?

We've got the "Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon?" spin off, following the Wallenstein perspective.

Quan Zhi Gao Shou seems pretty decent so far. Chinese. Follows a pro-gamer starting over in the game he loves after getting booted from the pinnacle of the pro world. Some nice art in this one.

There is the ultimate super Weeaboo "Love Tyrant". Featuring rip offs from Death Note, Future Diary, Gintama, The World God Only Knows and a million others.

Not sure on the Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor yet. Hated the first episode, really enjoyed the second... We'll see where it goes.

The leader for T & A this season will definitely be Seven Mortal Sins, especially if you wander off of Crunchy Roll for your source.

Also have the second seasons of Rage of Bahamut and How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend that I haven't jumped into yet.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:03:06 PM EDT
[#42]
FYI Attack on Titan Season 2 has started

Sorry if dupe but man it's been a while
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#43]

I'll do it for 3 years

EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
View Quote
you will go bald.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:22:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#44]
Originally Posted By David_ESM:
What have people started up this season besides the obvious (Attack on Titan S2, Berserk, Hero Academy S2, etc)?

We've got the "Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon?" spin off, following the Wallenstein perspective.

Quan Zhi Gao Shou seems pretty decent so far. Chinese. Follows a pro-gamer starting over in the game he loves after getting booted from the pinnacle of the pro world. Some nice art in this one.

There is the ultimate super Weeaboo "Love Tyrant". Featuring rip offs from Death Note, Future Diary, Gintama, The World God Only Knows and a million others.

Not sure on the Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor yet. Hated the first episode, really enjoyed the second... We'll see where it goes.

The leader for T & A this season will definitely be Seven Mortal Sins, especially if you wander off of Crunchy Roll for your source.

Also have the second seasons of Rage of Bahamut and How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend that I haven't jumped into yet.
View Quote
I'm running behind, but I've watched some first episodes and one or two second episodes of some shows, this season.

I've read a couple volumes of the light novels past where the Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? anime left off, and the first two volumes of the Aiz Wallenstein spinoff, so I'll be watching that one.

Re: Creators has a bit of WTF? with realities/dimensions.  Earth is actually the world of the gods, and we didn't know it?  First episode was good enough to watch the second when I have time, at least.

The first episode of Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records didn't hold my attention too well, but things did get much better in the second one.  I'll keep watching, at least for now.

First episode of Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul was fairly good.  There's also two short episodes that bridge the gap between the two seasons, filling in a few details on what happens to Favaro and Kaisar in between the seasons.

The second season of Uchouten Kazoku is more Tanuki hijinks.

Tsugumomo, Alice to Zouroku, Clockwork Planet, Eromanga-sensei, and Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho all look interesting enough to at least watch a few more episodes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#45]

I'm running behind, but I've watched some first episodes and one or two second episodes of some shows, this season.

I've read a couple volumes of the light novels past where the Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? anime left off, and the first two volumes of the Aiz Wallenstein spinoff, so I'll be watching that one.

Re: Creators has a bit of WTF? with realities/dimensions.  Earth is actually the world of the gods, and we didn't know it?  First episode was good enough to watch the second when I have time, at least.

The first episode of Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records didn't hold my attention too well, but things did get much better in the second one.  I'll keep watching, at least for now.

First episode of Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul was fairly good.  There's also two short episodes that bridge the gap between the two seasons, filling in a few details on what happens to Favaro and Kaisar in between the seasons.

The second season of Uchouten Kazoku is more Tanuki hijinks.

Tsugumomo, Alice to Zouroku, Clockwork Planet, Eromanga-sensei, and Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho all look interesting enough to at least watch a few more episodes.
View Quote
Just watched the first couple episodes of Re:  Creators and Alice to Zouroku; both seem to have some potential.  Watching the first couple of Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho in a few mins.  

I like the idea of creators...sort of.  Selesia meeting her creator in ep 2, then all hell breaking loose was fun.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:44:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone know where to find the Danmachi spinoff?  Not on Crunchyroll, Hulu, or Amazon.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:55:42 PM EDT
[#47]
its on amazon...
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:48:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_of_Orion] [#48]
this season I'm currently watching or evaluating:

Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho (grimoire of Zero)

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koush to Kinki Kyouten (Akashic Record) unsure about this one

Fukumenkei Noise (girl reunites with old friends through her singing voice)

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? (world end: what do you do after) unsure

Sagrada Reset (people with powers... and tragedy) unsure

Sakura Quest

Tsuki ga Kirei (school romance)

Clockwork Planet (steam punk shonen adventure) unsure

Hinako Note (moe slice of life)

Seikaisuru Kado (scifi ... very the day the earth stood still feeling)

Dungeon... that pick up girls in a dungeon one but from Aiz's prespective

Boku no hero academia 2

BanG Dream! (if K-on were actually about music it'd be this)

Atom the beginning (robots... AI) Unsure

Granblue Fantasy (seems very formulaic...) unsure

Uchouten Kazoku 2 (tanuki family)

Alice to Zouroku

ID-0 (scifi pirates... orphan girl skilled in resource analysis I think gets sold to the pirates)

Little Witch Academia
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote
1 was flat out painful. 3rd episode continued with the uptick seen in the 2nd episode. Optimistic it will remain a decent watch. Anyone picking it up at this point, definitely give it at least the first 2 episodes.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone know where to find the Danmachi spinoff?  Not on Crunchyroll, Hulu, or Amazon.
View Quote
Anilinkz (make sure your adblocker is on).
Page / 742
Who watches Anime? (Page 173 of 742)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top