Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 10/5/2001 7:07:11 PM EST
I am going to take advantage of the magazine deals Springfield offers with their new 1911 .45's. My question is on capacity and size. I see they have 10rnd mags. How far do these stick out of the bottom of the grip frame? How about the 8rnd'ers? Pics anyone?
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 7:17:23 PM EST
Originally Posted By schapman43: I am going to take advantage of the magazine deals Springfield offers with their new 1911 .45's. My question is on capacity and size. I see they have 10rnd mags. How far do these stick out of the bottom of the grip frame? How about the 8rnd'ers? Pics anyone?
View Quote
The Wilson Bereaucrat 10rd mags sitck one one inch, most 8 rounders fit flush, though I find that the Mec-Gar style magazine plates allow you to remove the baseplate FAR more easily, and clean them out. Mec-Gar, Wilson, and Les Baer all make excellent magazines, I prefer Mec-Gar for their solid construction, and my great experience with their 8 round magazines. Juggernaut
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 7:28:37 PM EST
Thanks Juggernaut. Where would I find Mec-Gar mags? Thanks Scott
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:32:48 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:39:08 PM EST
I like Mecgar mags too. Get them at brownells: [url]http://www.brownells.com/Index.html[/url]
Top Top