Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2001 10:57:36 AM EDT
Y'know, I was thinking.
I noticed a few guys here mention that they don't carry their guns on campus, because of school policy.
TAPCO, a gun parts dealer, has recently announced that they will no longer ship to college campuses... Even though the customer is entirely legally permitted to own the things he/she ordered.

I really, really don't get this mindset.
I mean, here we are. Gun owners. We all get up and talk about the end days of gun ownership, and some grand final stand.
I know it is cliche amongst the supposed enlightened amongst us to say
"When the guns are called for, they will be turned in"- which meets with a hail of "FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!" replys.

I am really, really thinking that this is the case.
I mean, if our community doesn't have the sack to defy these laws now, how can we expect to fight the "gun bans" when the conciquences are a hell of a lot harsher than what we face today?

And before you try to turn it around on me, and say "Well, why don't YOU! do so-and-so", i'll answer you ahead of time by saying I DO defy these laws.
I don't think a rifle is any more lethal with a flash supressor- so I don't follow that law.
Carrying guns at college?
Well, look at it like this.
If your son/daughter was in my class when a madman entered the classroom and opened fire, you would be thankful I was there. That's all i'll say on that.

I'm not asking anyone to elaborate on exactly "what" they do to fight the power. I know that there are a lot of guys who go about their buisness with their goodies, and keep their mouths shut about it. That's fine.
What I am putting into question are the gun owners who passivley support these laws by agreeing with companies like TAPCO, or by hollering at students who break school policy in order to protect themselves.
I know these people reside amongst us.

What do you think?
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#1]
My thoughts on the matter is I really don't think the ATF will be busting down my door because there is a collapsable stock on my Post ban AR.  I don't go down to the sheriffs dept. and show it off either.  It's kinda like people worried about the computer police because they made a copy of a disc.

If I get caught, I am prepared to take the consequences.

(edited to add the last line)
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Perhaps Tapco is seeing a TON of refused packages from school post offices that cost them a ton of money.

I doubt that a company that sells machine gun kits (all parts less receiver) pays much attention to PC issues.  Business issues are another story.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#3]
There's an old saying:
You're either part of the problem
of part of the solution.....
Like yourself, I'm part of the solution....
When I say " From my cold, dead hands" I MEAN it.
Some may say "talk the talk but can you walk the walk"
1968-1970 U.S. Navy Riverrines, RivRon 5 Riv Div 3, Qua-Viet. 2 Purple Hearts. I've walked the walk....
You've got my vote!
[stick]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Perhaps Tapco is seeing a TON of refused packages from school post offices that cost them a ton of money.

I doubt that a company that sells machine gun kits (all parts less receiver) pays much attention to PC issues.  Business issues are another story.
View Quote

No, TAPCO said the reason they weren't selling to students is

Posted on TFL by Buddie from TAPCO: You remember. All those school shootings?
View Quote

It had nothing to do with package refusals.
They don't trust college students apparently.
Of course, he tried to later backpedal and say it was "so they won't get expelled" once he got called on it.
But the proof's in the puddin.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Some may say "talk the talk but can you walk the walk"
1968-1970 U.S. Navy Riverrines, RivRon 5 Riv Div 3, Qua-Viet. 2 Purple Hearts. I've walked the walk....
View Quote

Thanks for walking that walk, and all it cost you, my brown-water shipmate!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You've got my vote!
[stick]
View Quote

Amen to Jarhead.
It's knowing that we have guys like you on our side that makes the whole thing tollerable.
Hell. Makes me think we can even win, if it ever came down to it [;)]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#7]
As for TAPCO, Sportsmans Guide is also very restrictive where specific items are concerned. I'm an FFL holder, but they will still not ship any ammo to me since I reside in Illinois!
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#8]
"When the guns are called for, they will be turned in"-

Why becuase most of us are law abiding citizens and would propley turn [B]most[/b] of them in becuase if not then may be our profesinal lis. would be taken away i.e. cdl law or whatever...

by the time u finish burying the ones u did get to keep in the back yard ur nieghbor has already reported u...[url]www.geocities.com/aaadock6/Is_the_goverment_ready_to_take_your_guns.html[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top