Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2001 8:55:13 PM EDT
I have been thinking of taking my employees shooting, but I have a few concerns.

I have a lot of teenagers and I am not sure how some of the parents might react in this day with everything that has been going on.

The labor market is extremely tight here for good people. I have the holidays coming up and I need all of them and a few more.

I am the operator of a store in a large franchise and wonder what the home office might think if some parent called and complained.

If this was my store alone I would have no problem, but it is not.

What thoughts do you guys have on this?

PS. was thinking about skeet shooting as it is more excepted
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I think its commendable that you care about your crew enough to consider this.  Unfortunately, the liability that a company sponsored event involving firearms would expose you to is unbelievable.  If, god forbid, anything went wrong, you would be finished.  Waivers or no waivers.  (your insurance company might drop you just from hearing about it!)

Still, I think its great that you think about your employees like that.  Maybe paintball?
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#2]
C.Y.A.

written permission from the home office.

A signed liability release, and permission slip from the parents of minors.

You could probably hold a toga party with less hassle, but it is a worthy idea.  

Do it. We need every conversion we can get.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Still, I think its great that you think about your employees like that.  Maybe paintball?
View Quote

That is a great idea FMJ, paintball would be great
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:58:04 PM EDT
[#4]
That is a very good idea introducing new shooters to the sport and hobby. But since they are teenagers I would consult and get their parent's permission.

Just my .02 cents.

ASR
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 12:11:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I wouldnt make it a sponsored event.  Its extremely easy to get people at work to shoot with you.  Just simply say " Hey guys, I'm going shooting on such and such a date, if you are interested let me know". It doesnt have to have anything to do with the company.  Just go out as friends.  I have gotten four of the guys at work to pick up the sport.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top