Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
5/29/2017 5:35:05 AM
Posted: 10/3/2001 7:14:10 PM EDT
I have a removable carry handle..it has an A on the left side by the sight. It is pretty smooth..no real sharp edges...it came off a Colt...not sure if it is a Colt...does the A mean anything? I am wanting to know what brand it is...thanks medcop e-mail me or post here....a link to a web page with proof marks would also help..thanks again!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:32:20 PM EDT
If it looks like this it's a Colt [img]www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/uppers/colt_carryhandle_proofs.jpg[/img] Here's a link [url]www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/[/url]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:46:21 PM EDT
the A looks the same, but it does not have the -9..other than that..it matches
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:26:08 PM EDT
Same here, my Colt det. handle has the same "A" but no 9... I am guessing here, but maybe it's meant for the 9mm AR version. Only thing I can come up with.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:47:09 PM EDT
hey, my bushmaster has a triangle like thing that looks like an A, and then has an A nex to it. not only colts have an A on it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 12:50:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By NoCompromise: hey, my bushmaster has a triangle like thing that looks like an A, and then has an A nex to it. not only colts have an A on it.
View Quote
Some of the Colts used Bushmaster uppers and AA is an indication it's a Bushmaster. It's all stated on the link I posted above.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 2:40:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mattja:
Originally Posted By NoCompromise: hey, my bushmaster has a triangle like thing that looks like an A, and then has an A nex to it. not only colts have an A on it.
View Quote
Some of the Colts used Bushmaster uppers and AA is an indication it's a Bushmaster. It's all stated on the link I posted above.
View Quote
LOL! So much for the superiority complex displayed by some of the Colt snobs!
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 9:11:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mattja:
View Quote
View Quote
Oh jeez, now I gotta sell my carry handle, CHEAP.
Top Top