Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 10/3/2001 4:35:23 PM EDT
Any one seen 'em? I know they're no substitute for the real thing, but they seem better than nothing. Thanks, ARben
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:41:53 PM EDT
ARben, I've got the carbine one and it is very basic. It covers types of rifle set-ups, Range Safety, Basic marksmanship and some pop-up targest at the end for dry fire. If you can rent or barrow one, that would be better then putting the money out for it. Buy yourself a new GI 30 rounder for the money. -David
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:31:43 PM EDT
Ammotech is right, the video is fairly basic, but it does focus on tactical fundamentals if you've never been in the military or law enforcement. I made the mistake of purchasing a video, Navy Seals and it was terrible, concerning tactics and skill sets demonstrated. I purchased my Gunsite Carbine video used at a gunshow for $10, some $14-20 less than a new one.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:49:53 PM EDT
I know you'll hate me for this....but save up your bucks and go to Gunsite, Thunder Ranch or Frontsite. I am a Tactical Pistol and Tactical Carbine Gunsite Grad. It was the best thing I ever did when it came to firearms!!!! I cannot recommend it enough......and I was an Army officer! Jim
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:55:21 PM EDT
They are good refreshers after you ahve attended one of their classes. I have a couple and Wilsons stuff. I like the Wilson series a bit better
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:32:55 PM EDT
When I get the bucks and the time, I'm going to thunder ranch.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:20:54 PM EDT
I rented tac pistol 1 from one of my local gunshops the other day. It was a basic skills video. They went over some mag change drills that i needed refreshed on, but for the most part i didn't learn anything new. Granted you could make a movie about shooting hours long, but this seemed too short. They showed some low-lite house clearing and mentioned this is where you need a good flashlight, but never showed one in use. I think they have a second level pistol and carbine video out now. I'll check when i return this one.
Top Top