Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2001 10:41:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a 2001 Dodge Dakota Quad-Cab, 4.7 V8 Automatic, last December.
I love this truck.
Buy one.
17,000 miles of urban use, and I've had no problems with it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a 99 Dakota Cab Sport 4x4, 5 Sp. Manual.  This is the first Dodge that I have ever owned.  Bought it mainly so that I could tow a few of my toys and the Dakota was the only V8 in a mid-size truck at that time.  It was the last year for the old 318 c.i.  or 5.2 L.  
I love it...if you can afford it get the extended warranty, get it.  I plan to keep the Dakota stock since I have other modes of transportation that go-fast.

Kenne Bell use to have a ram air kit for the Dakota.  They might be able to help you with some other things also.  I have the Kenne Bell Ram Air kit on my wife’s Mustang Cobra.

http://www.kenne-bell.com/

Good luck…

My first post…

Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 97 4X4 Dak with the 318cid (5.2L)and its getting along in age right now, but it is still a tough trooper though.
One of the things that drove me towards it was the ability to boost the performance of it using factory Mopar Performance Parts. I was checking into it and by changing the exhaust, computer chip,air filter and adding headers and switching cams, I could squeeze 316hp out of that engine and still maintain emissions and keep the factory warranty if the cam was installed by the dealer.

I had to dig around and find my Mopar Performance Catalog and the computer chip you want for a 4.7L 4X4 Dak is P5007198WA Federal and P5007213WA CA.
One thing that really helped me was to replace the standard air filter with a K&N oil filter. I saw immediate improvement in mileage and a bit of a performance increase too.
Tire wise, I have those exact size tires and I wouldn't trade that size for the world. Its pretty easy to find them and they go thru snow really well. I have had snow up to the bottom of the door and the truck just wouldn't quit.
One thing: I have had problems with my brakes and lower ball joints. Aside from that, its been a good truck for me.
Don't epexct better gas mileage though, I only get about 16-17 mpg on the freeway.
Some good places to check out for stuff are
[url]http://www.dakota-truck.net/[/url]
[url]http://www.truckperformance.com/[/url]
Hope this will help you out.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:40:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top