Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2001 6:42:28 PM EDT
I know a person that has a NIW 40rd. HK 94 mag that is trying to tell me that it is origional factory. My 15 and 30 rounders have 9x19 stamped on the sides. This 40 rd. mag has LIQ stamped on the side. It has the metal follower and looks good. Any ideas? What would it be worth?

Thanks!
Chopperdave
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like one the Asian military contract magazines to me. To the best of my knowledge, HK made no 40 round magazines, so he's full of it. There are others here more qualified to answer, but I'm 99% sure that's correct. CDNN is selling them for $50 in exc./new condition right now, so don't pay more than that. They are supposed to work well.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:03:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have about a half a dozen 40 round mags and I do not believe that they are factory mags and I agree with Juggernaut that as far as I know HK never made 40 round mags.  The ones that I have though seem to be about as good quality wise and function just fine.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Most likely they were made in Pakistan.  From what I have been told they are made on HK machinery, but stamped with the factory logo that did the manufacturing.  Go to HK91.com and ask them.

The Azalin
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:00:10 AM EDT
[#5]
The LIQ mags were not made in Pakistan, they may have been manufactured here in the US but I'm drawing a blank as to who it was.  Regardless of where they were made, these mags are highly regarded for excellent function.  It's been a while since I was looking at HK94 stuff but the value of one these mags is in the $75-110 range.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#6]
LIQ green/grey park chrome follower 40 round mags are Greek HK contract.

Unlike US aftermarket 40s, the LIQs are great mags. Seen them go for $150.00 new.

They ARE factory, just not factory GERMAN.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:06:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info guys. He is trying to sell it to me for $80.00-didn't know if this was good or not. Looks like a quality piece, and I don't get hung up on the fact that it is not "factory". Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't overpaying!

Chopperdave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top