Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2001 6:05:39 PM EDT
At the Big E - who's going?
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, back when I was in Spfld, that was a great show to go to, don't know what it's turned into over the years since I left. A few years back I was visiting and a friend could not even by primers at a shop without a FID. Unreal.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I 'll be there Saturday.

The show has gotten smaller in recent years. But it is still the best one in MA. I have also noticed very few deals the last couple of years. I think these screwy MA. laws have done nothing but make us gun owners spend more money.

I noticed the firearms prices in Texas (I was there about a year ago) seem to be a few dollars less.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The Big E shows a shadow of what it was a few years back. Ill be there though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Can they sell ammo this year?
I don't really need any
but I could use
some components so I wonder if anyone
will be selling components.
Then again I could just order
them in  bulk
but gas is cheaper in Mass. so I could fill up on the way home anyway...
...yeah at the gas station with
the REALLY fresh snack cakes.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 10:52:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 3:16:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can they sell ammo this year?
View Quote

They always sell ammo in a tent outside by one of the side doors. Best thing about it is if you don't need anything else, you can just go to the tent and not have to pay admission. They usually have powder and primers (but not brass) in the tent as well.

...yeah at the gas station with
the REALLY fresh snack cakes.
View Quote

{insert any Homer Simpson noise here}
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:44:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I got no money, but hells yeah, I'll be there.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 4:24:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll be there with bells on!  Also bringing a newbie friend (actually one of my wife's friends) who is buying her first revolver.  We'll probably stop by the S&W retail store and Firearms Academy, too (now that they're an American company again).  They (S&W) haven't officially changed their tune since they're still named in various lawsuits around the country, but the recent action by the Connecticut Supreme Court in throwing out the Bridgeport case is encouraging.

But you're right, this show used to be bigger and better several years ago.  But, after Sept. 11, who knows?  We can only hope.

Be there, aloha.

F.
8-)
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:24:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
At the Big E - who's going?
View Quote

Would love to, but the Rev. War British Army reenactment group I'm with will be at the Chew House in Philly (Germantown), PA, this Saturday, defending it against Gen'l Washington and his entire rebel onslaught! (A reverse Waco??) Somebody's gotta be the feds of 1777! :^)

(Fellow AR15.commies- if you're in the Philly area- stop in and say hello- look for the Redcoats with the short jackets (HM 40th Regiment of Foot) and ask for 95th Foot!)

http://www.najecki.com/40thfoot/40index.html

http://www.cliveden.org

Of course, I might go the Big E show on Sunday- but the prices are getting ridiculous, and the vendors are getting surlier in the past 2 years, IM experience. South African Berdan-primed, 1980s .223 ammo in 330 round battlepacks was selling for FIFTY bucks a pack there last year- God forbid what it goes for now, if it's even available.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 7:34:14 AM EDT
[#10]
You're right.  The prices are higher, there are fewer tables with less stuff than before.  

But, it's fun just to be there in a big crowd of like minded people who you can, for the most part, start a conversation with and get a friendly and fraternal reply.  Even the 2 hour+ ride down with the guys is fun.  I'll be there.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I am going to the Mass  show this weekend, Guns laws seem to be very strict up there. I hope to find an ar upper in 7.62.
what kind of things are usually available at this event?
[bounce]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am going to the Mass  show this weekend, Guns laws seem to be very strict up there. I hope to find an ar upper in 7.62.
View Quote

No problems on long guns, especially an upper. Should be a LOT of AR stuff there, usually is.

Link Posted: 10/5/2001 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

No problems on long guns, especially an upper. Should be a LOT of AR stuff there, usually is.

Link Posted: 10/5/2001 2:52:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I should be there this Sunday, I am going up with a friend and if he wants to go I will be there. This is going to be funny some of us might even accidentally bump into each other and we will not know we both post here. There should be some way to let each other know that we are members of this forum.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#16]
What the HAY! Malpaso,my friend can I call you my friend? Thanks for the heads up, The shows closer to Boston at DiMetries(walpole)are all closed down now [:(] Its supposed to rain tomorrow so I may just venture out there @ 1 1/2+ hrs away.I'll make sure dnra,and mags, know about it too.~cya
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#17]
O'O'....[b]how about directions[/b] ...last one we went to out there was 3-4 years ago w/the discount coupons and DIRECTIONS...[:|]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#18]
With a little luck, I will be there Sunday morning.

OSA
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
O'O'....[b]how about directions[/b] ...last one we went to out there was 3-4 years ago w/the discount coupons and DIRECTIONS...[:|]
View Quote

Take the Pike to the West Springfield Exit (4?). Take route 5 south and look for the signs. If you miss the signs, but get to the big rotary just across the river from downtown Springfield, take a right. You should run right into it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#20]

The fair site is still up so ...
[url]http://www.thebige.com/bigedirections.html[/url]
But
for very specific directions
just cut and paste the address
in at [url]http://maps.yahoo.com/py/ddResults.py[/url]

Eastern States Exposition

1305 Memorial Avenue, West Springfield,

Massachusetts 01089 USA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top