Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2001 5:26:01 PM EDT
Well, it looks like another icon here has caved into ever restrictive gun laws.  National Shooting Club in Santa Clara, where I have shot for over 10 years has gone out of business.  For several months I have noticed inventory was dwindling and they were not replacing it.  When I asked why, they simply said they were adjusting their business base to the economic time and not to worry, they were going to continue operating the range and store.  Looks like that was BS.  On the negative side IMO can say that the place showed no real interest in second amendment rights, seemingly just wanting to make as much cash as they could from the assault weapon freenzy in '99 (they're going to be turning over a lot of 4473s.  Wonder if the authorities will do any cross matching for AW registration compliance). They did not appear to want to get involved in the local efforts to block SB23 etc. and did refuse to put pro-gun voter petitions out on their sales counter when I asked them.  Despite the negatives, it was still a good place for lunch time shooting.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn. Now what will I do while I'm waiting for my ex to get off work when I go the bay area for a "conjugal" visit [:D]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't the 4473s go to ATF? This topic was mentioned before and the consensus was the forms go to the Feds, not the state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top