Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 10/2/2001 5:12:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2001 5:08:51 PM EDT by godzillamax]
I took monday off from work because I went into the office on Saturday for 4 hours to complete a project so I figured this was going to be a nice, short work week. I was wrong! First off, my work came out with a new "vacation" policy that cuts my vacation time from 4 weeks a year to 3. Now I know the average American gets only 2 weeks, but loosing any benefits always sucks. Second, their new policy doesn't give me my vacation time on January 1st like it always did, now I only get 5 hours per pay period (every other Friday). So I start the year off with zero vacation time and after 2 months will have 20 hours banked and so on. So much for the vacation my girlfriend and I have planned for the start of January, (and we already have non-refundable tickets to fly!!) Then on my way to a meeting, I rear-end someone (my fault and also my first accident ever) as I am accelerating up to 15 MPH. My 2001 Dodge RAM 1500 suffers roughly $3000-$5000 (initial estimate) worth of damage. The part that pisses me off the most is that the POS 1991 Dodge Caravan I hit only had minor damage to their rear bumper and rear door! I would think my massive American made truck would have caused more damage to this minivan! But NO, my truck is imploded in a foot, and this "mom-mobile" is hardly damaged. I miss my meeting, miss my Bio Class tonight, will be missing the gun show this Saturday, don't have a rental clause in my insurance, and have a $500.00 deductible which I don't have the money to pay for since I just paid for tuition and school books! Man, sometimes life just sucks. I just remind myself, that this little shit day will pass, and I will be all the wiser. And also that there a people elsewhere suffering much worse than I. But it still sucks. Post your rants if you had a shit day and need to vent!! Everyone who can't afford a shrink needs to vent sometime! Later all, Max
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:15:03 PM EDT
u wanna vent... all I wana do is post this new smiley ( if it was there before then it new to me ) [USA][USA][USA][USA][USA]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:28:12 PM EDT
Sorry you loost your vacation time!
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:33:03 PM EDT
Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Whoo! Now I feel better! [;)]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:45:22 PM EDT
I will join you Godzilla. I will be outta work come Oct. 15. Good for nothing state legislature let the laws regulating the business I work for expire. So I go to the unemployment line for the first time. I HATE POLITICIANS. DID I SAY I HATE POLITICIANS. I HATE THEM I HATE THEM. WISH THEY WOULD ALL FALL IN THE OCEAN AND DISAPPEAR. FEEL BETTER ALREADY.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:08:22 PM EDT
I HATE THEM I HATE THEM. WISH THEY WOULD ALL FALL IN THE OCEAN AND DISAPPEAR.
View Quote
I went to school with a kid, name of John Gotti who used to say that exact same thing all the time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:10:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2001 7:07:34 PM EDT by Bob243]
Sounds exactly like something my place would do. I took 8-5 M-F a few weeks ago eventhough I hate mornings, makes it easier with my son, since I am a single parent, I had been planning to going to a wedding this Sat about 2 1/2 hours south of here, afterwards staying with some friends in the area, and guess what.. the little Pr@@k bas#@rd that does schedules put me on sunday.... WTF I haven't had to work a Sunday in 6 friggen months, now all of a sudden being there the longest no longer means anything[pissed], in other words the newbies can get the better schedules wtf kind of s##t is that. They arent going to do anything about it.. fine.. I have 2 personal days and 3 vacation days left, I think I am going shooting tomorow, so now no one will be in until 10 tomorow.[-!-] sux to be them, policy stated personal days can be used as lat as 5 min before your shift. Deer season I can't have the first day because someone took it off... there is my other personal day[-!-], that week I will also use 2 Vacations days haven't decided which ones yet. I have no problem helping out with coverage, but the way this one went down pi@@es me off. It was a fine job but the place is turning into a s#$t hole real fast.[pissed] We should call this topic something like job sucks... vent here[;)] Boy that does work pretty good... cheaper than a shrink too[8D]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:11:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hatebreed:
I HATE THEM I HATE THEM. WISH THEY WOULD ALL FALL IN THE OCEAN AND DISAPPEAR.
View Quote
I went to school with a kid, name of John Gotti who used to say that exact same thing all the time.
View Quote
LOL [:D]
Top Top