Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2001 9:52:47 PM EDT
Just to impress you with the mentality of the Taliban, how's this for an inside look at its perverted ways of thinking!

From an article at:
[url]http://www.nationalpost.com/home/story.html?f=/stories/20011001/714736.html[/url]

DASHTI QALA, AFGHANISTAN - The Taleban herded the population of the war-ravaged northern town of Taleqan into its main square. Then they began parading three dogs.

Each had a shaved head stencilled with the names of the men the movement most despised: Burhunnadin Rabbani, the ousted Afghan president, Zahir Shah, the exiled king, and George W. Bush, President of the United States.

[b]Then they poured gasoline on the dogs and set fire to them.[/b]

Noor Muhammad, a proud 52-year-old farmer from a nearby village, was among the witnesses. Muhammad Qul, 55, and Abdul Karim, 48, were also there.

The three men sat in a refugee camp yesterday surrounded by a sprawling dust plain in opposition-held territory a few kilometres from the front line. They had arrived only hours before after an overnight escape.

The three men and their families are the victims of the latest Taleban terror campaign.

Facing the prospect of a pulverizing Western bombing campaign that may oust them from power, the fundamentalist rulers of Afghanistan are exacting a terrible revenge against those they suspect of disloyalty.

The burning of the dogs 10 days ago was only meant to serve as a warning.

Last Friday, at midday prayers, the Taleban struck a second, more telling blow against the local population.

First they surrounded the mosque with soldiers.

Then a Taleban agent was sent to accompany the mullah to say prayers.

"The mullah told all the men to fight for Islam," Noor Muhammad said. "Then he asked for volunteers. We all put our hands up. We were very scared and thought we would be taken to prison or shot otherwise."

On Saturday night, a truck came into the village carrying a dozen Taleban soldiers who began knocking on doors looking for young men.

Where they found no men, they started looting. The victims were told they should already have sold their possessions and given the money to Islam.

"They said we should fight the Americans who want to take away Islam," Noor Muhammad said. "Then they began burning the houses where they couldn't find young men. They must have burned down 10 or 20 of the 200 houses in the village."

For those who signed up, fate was little better. Each was given a gun and assigned a commander. They were then driven or marched off to collection points to prepare to fight the Americans.

When the first strikes come, the unwilling volunteers will be on the front line.

Eric The(TheDogsWereBetterThanTheTaliban)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:58:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I will feel sorry for the dogs who die when we blow the sh!t out of those fvckers!  PETA ought to be all for war now!
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:55:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 11:43:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Why are they doing this?? animal cruelty is totally against Islam... There was an example of someone got rewarded for letting a thirsty dog drink water... If they do this its not Islam because Islam (Islam and Muslims are different!!!) respects animals, even if its a dog or a pig...
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 11:51:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
When the first strikes come, the unwilling volunteers will be on the front line.
View Quote

Maybe we'll be seeing some mass surrenders like the Gulf War.
View Quote

Was thinking the same thing. Perhaps it's a good thing that they are creating a state of terror. When it starts to come apart it will snowball?
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 11:59:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why are they doing this?? animal cruelty is totally against Islam... There was an example of someone got rewarded for letting a thirsty dog drink water... If they do this its not Islam because Islam (Islam and Muslims are different!!!) respects animals, even if its a dog or a pig...
View Quote

There are several different conceptions of Islam operating here. As there have been and continue to be for other religions. There was a time when many christians used the bible to justify slavery. Now we have the dichotomy between the Islam that says jews, christians and muslims are all brothers of the book... and the Islam that says kill the infidels and plunder their money.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 3:53:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Pay back time is coming....There will be 5000lbs bomb dropping on their heads. There are ways to deal with evils.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:23:26 AM EDT
[#7]
The victims were told they should already have sold their possessions and given the money to Islam.
View Quote

If everyone was supposed to sell their possesions, who would be there to buy them?

I really hate the Taliban.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:10:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I only hope we kill the real Taleban and these "volunteers" run like hell and get out of the way.

We keep hearing how peaceful Islam really is but have yet to hear muslem countries loudly state this is wrong.  [b]I don't like how quiet these muslem countries are, somethings fishy.[/b]

And why can't the Hun spell Taliban correctly Taleban, or is Taliban correct?
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:18:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I agree chaingun.  A peaceful religion my deep blue eyes.  Name one peaceful muslum country.  They hate us.  Be on your guard.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:23:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Peaceful Muslim Country?  I really have not heard much from Malaysia hating us filthy Americans.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:36:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Post from chaingun -
And why can't the Hun spell Taliban correctly Taleban, or is Taliban correct?
View Quote

Is it Ossama Bin Laden or Usamah Bin Laden (as the FBI has called him for years)?  We have serious problems translating Arabic names into the English alphabet. Is it the Koran or the Q'aran?

My use of the variation 'Taliban' comes from the Middle East, where that's how it has been referred to up to this present crisis.

For example, here is the link to the 'Washington Report on Middle East Affairs', a hopelessly anti-Israeli website:
[url]www.washington-report.org/backissues/0498/9804047.html[/url]

As you can see, these jerks were referring to themselves as the 'Taliban' back in 1998.

Eric The(Thanx!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#12]

The victims were told they should already have sold their possessions and given the money to Islam.
View Quote

If everyone was supposed to sell their possesions, who would be there to buy them?

I really hate the Taliban.
View Quote

sounds like Jerry Seinfeld.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:45:06 AM EDT
[#13]
TheHun is correct.  Either one is fine...they just do not translate well.

This is not a big deal much of the time, but in one arena it is a problem.  Translations of the Koran can be vastly different because not only do some letters not translate well, but some phrases too.  Similar to Hindi, Mandarin, etc in that way...very difficult to translate compared to Romance or Germanic languages.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 8:26:04 AM EDT
[#14]
What if you are a member of PETA and a pacifist?  You must avenge the dogs, but cannot use any violence.  If you do nothing, more dogs will be torched.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What if you are a member of PETA and a pacifist?  You must avenge the dogs, but cannot use any violence.  If you do nothing, more dogs will be torched.  
View Quote

What a quandary! :) You're a funny guy
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#16]
What did the cat say when he got his tail caught in the cash register?  IT WON'T BE LONG NOW.

AmOTramp ----->Dog lover, sic'em Georgie
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you say so but as far as I'm concerned I judge people by what they do and these Muslims are barbaric.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#18]
How long will it take allegedly intelligent folks to realize they are being duped?

The Taliban was setup and is run by the CIA. How long will folks do the work for the tyrants we allegedly all oppose while leaving the tyrant in place to perpetrate even more atrocities?

While you folks are banging the drums calling for the nuking of the Iraqis, Arabs, Taliban, etcetera, the real perpretrators are laughing at you and your gullibility. All the while the real perpetrators rape, pillage and plunder what's left of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

No, no, you're right. We don't want to go after the real source of the problem, we just want to murder non-white folks en masse and THINK we solved the problem. We wouldn't want to actually seek out the root of the problem would we? Nah, we're Americans, we're lazy and that's too much damn work, right?

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed --and thus clamorous to be led to safety -- by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." -- H.L. Mencken

Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#19]
DJ I think your tinfoil hat is on too tight, it is cutting off the circulation up there.

The CIA may have aided the Taliban at one point, such as during the height of the Soviet war, but if you think the CIA calls the Taliban's shots now you are outta your mind.

As for the burning dogs, I can think of nothing sweeter than the retribution of burning napalm falling upon the perpetrator.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

The PETA member I know wants me to help her buy a gun.  She may be a vegetarian and loves animals, but she also knows that it's an evil world out there and she needs to protect herself.  Being a former vegetarian and tree-hugger, I can say she's not your average PETA person.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#21]
DJ, would you mind not hogging all the tin-foil?  Thanks.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Tinfoil Hat, huh? Beware, though, if you follow the link, you may have to actually take time away from "The Weakest Link" to read all the info contained therein. Also beware, the facts may not be palatable to those who are spoonfed their "knowledge" by CNN and the like.

The Connection? Bush Sr was the DCI--Director of Central Intelligence. Funny how intelligence ties are NEVER broken.

[url]http://www.rumormillnews.net/cgi-bin/config.pl?read=12217[/url]

"From the days of Sparticus, Wieskhopf, Karl Marx, Trotsky, Rosa Luxemberg, and Emma Goldman, this world conspiracy has been steadily growing. This conspiracy played a definite recognizable role in the tragedy of the French revolution. It has been the mainspring of every subversive movement during the 19th century. And now at last this band of extraordinary personalities from the underworld of the great cities of Europe and America have gripped the Russian people by the hair of their head and have become the undisputed masters of that enormous empire." Winston Churchill, stated to the London Press, in l922.

We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts… For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it. --Patrick Henry
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#23]
wait till they get napalm on them.

[50]   [50]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 4:23:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Where is the SPCA & PETA when we need them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#25]
One more time for the night crew. Just in the vain hope that someone might actually follow the link and break the cycle.

"The protection of our rights is tested, however, not when what we do or say is popular but when it is unpopular. Stated most starkly, a free society is tested by the way it protects the rights of its least popular members." --Roger Pilon
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 8:33:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Gotta be careful, folks. After the OK City bombing, when the news started blathering about a Michigan Milita connection, did anybody say we ought to start dropping blockbusters or napalm on Michigan? Geez, I hope not. From what I have read (not talking mainstream media here, although now that they have a reason to acknowledge Afghanistan's existence they seem to agree), the Taliban does not have a consensus-- most Afghans do not support them, but there is no way outside the Northern Alliance to oppose them without winding up at the end of a rope. They rule because they are brutal. Conclusion, the poor Afghan selling bread scraps on the corner didn't do this to us, so we don't owe him. Burning him and everyone he's ever known because he faces Mecca five times a day helps our enemies while it makes us just like them. I don't care if, in his information-deprived world view, he thinks he hates the US. We all fall victim to propaganda sometimes, and me, I don't want a hand in slaughtering him for it. Yes, I want retribution-- visited upon those who did it, not just anyone who shares their race, creed, color, religion, or zip code.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Posted by rahimiv - "(Islam and Muslims are different!!!) "

What's the difference?  I've always heard the two terms used interchangeably.

Tate
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I humbly refer you back to the post on "Taliban Football" and their election to recieve!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 3:51:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Post from Tate -
Posted by rahimiv - "(Islam and Muslims are different!!!) "

What's the difference? I've always heard the two terms used interchangeably.
View Quote

I believe that [b]rahimiv[/b] means that you must distingquish between the religion (Islam) and its practitioners (Muslims).

Sorta like the difference between Christianity and Christians.

Eric The(IThinkThisIsWhatWasMeant)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 4:31:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The Taliban was setup and is run by the CIA. How long will folks do the work for the tyrants we allegedly all oppose while leaving the tyrant in place to perpetrate even more atrocities?
View Quote

Uh-huh...  But then, isn't EVERYTHING run by the CIA?  [whacko]  According to the linked website, the Chinese and the Russians are in on it, too.  And the oil companies (even though there's no oil in Afghanistan).  And the drug cartels (who, to judge by their alleged influence, have turned about one quarter of the world's population into junkies).  And Dick Cheney.  And, if someone were to follow all the links, it would probably lead to the conclusion that the whole world is being run by Hitler's brain from a pickle jar somewhere in Paraguay. [rolleyes]

Who is "the tyrant"?
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 4:51:05 AM EDT
[#31]
The bastards are so dumb they misunderstood the question when someone asked if anyone wanted a hot dog.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:07:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Cute story, but I think it's a nice chunk of propaganda. It's an easy bet cruelty to animal stories will whip a crowd into a frenzy better than anything else. Just look at the guy who tossed the the lady's poodle into traffic during a road rage incident. He got 2 or 3 years in jail, but drug dealers and murdering drunk drivers walk out of court with probation and suspended sentences

Shave a dog's head?

Stencil a name on it?

Sounds kind of silly to me. .02

Sherm
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Post from sherm8404 -
Cute story, but I think it's a nice chunk of propaganda....Shave a dog's head?  Stencil a name on it?  Sounds kind of silly to me. .02
View Quote

But, it doesn't sound silly to you that these people are the ones giving protection to folks who killed American citizens 'cause Allah told them to do it.'

[u]That[/u] doesn't strike you as silly?

That Mohammad Atta in his Will left specific instructions that whoever cleaned the 'area around my genitals use gloves so that I will not be defiled' doesn't strike you as silly?

That he didn't want any pregnant women, or any women at all, to attend his funeral, doesn't strike you as silly?

[b]These are silly people, my boy, and you shouldn't put anything, no matter how silly, beyond them![/b]

Eric The(SillyIsActuallyMuchTooNiceAWord)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:00:07 AM EDT
[#34]
I don't get it.  What's the purpose of that story except to inflame hatred for Afghans?  Right here in the US you can find dog fights that are just as brutal and institutionalized.  You want to see animal creulty?  Go to any big city in the US and visit the animal shelters or go look around the back alleys, junk yards and garbage dumps.  Man does not treat his so-called "best friend" very well at all.  In NYC, they euthanize millions of dogs and cats each year.

So it is the ultimate in hypocrisy to write a bullshit article complaining about how a bunch of uneducated, illiterate desert wanderers treat animals.  Our country is just as barbaric and self-destructive as their is.  At least their barbarism is out in the open and done honestly without being sugar coated--executions take place in public for instance.

The US is now just a kinder, gentler version of Nazi Germany.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#35]
You're right, the US is just like Nazi Germany.

Well, except for the lack of death camps. And the voting. And the lack of institutionalized persecution of Jews, gypsies, and other minorities. And the lack of a Gestapo. And the presence of due process. And freedom of the press. And freedom of speech. And protections against arbitrary search and seizure. And the lack of mass labor drafts. And totalitarian government interference in every aspect of daily life.

Other than that, the similarities are remarkable.

In other words, get a hint of perspective. You're not as different from the lefties talking about "Amerika" as you might think.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top