Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2001 1:32:45 PM EDT
I never saw this on the national news.  Apparantly it was local to the Ft. Huachuca (sp?) area of Arizona.

My mother lives in the area and was just telling me of a local news report that they had captured 10 Egyptians trying to cross the border from Mexico.  All 10 had maps of DC and NYC on them.  This was one week BEFORE the terrorist attacks.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure they weren't just going to apply for jobs as cabbies when they got there?
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:01:19 PM EDT
[#2]
could be!
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#3]
No I hadn't heard that but at this stage I am not surprised.

It is a small miracle at least,
that worse incidents didn't pan out.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Before, I would have thought that what occurred on September 11, was the worst case scenario.

Now, I'm not so certain. I truly thought the death count at the WTC was going to be 15,000 to 20,000 at the very least!

Eric The(Horrified)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#5]
The weekend before the events happened on 9/11 one of the hijackers broke down in Holbrook,AZ. When the auto shop said that they were closed for the weekend the terrorist pulled out a moneyroll of cash and convinced them to fix his car.

Alex
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top