Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2001 7:49:58 PM EDT
OK, everyone.. I am finally completely speaking out on this issue.. Thank you to all who have stood up for me since I have joined. I see now why many women hightail it out of here; humor certainly is a person to person perspective and hardly a generalized thing..

I must mention something about the moderator status.. My boyfriend's post was locked the other day for no good reason other than someone couldn't take a joke..(Granted my boyfriend's sense of humor is at times sarcastic, everyone clearly should have known he was kidding)..

Then I find there appears to be an uproar over this tonight...Its not only me who sees that SOME moderators are being unfair and abusing their powers.. I'm glad to see that I do not stand alone..

Now, as I do not have any qualms with anyone right now, I also dislike how I am being treated as a half-wit and someone who flaunts their body after making one comment to the fact! Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names do hurt worse, especially when I am new here and just trying to learn the ropes.. This is probably why you don't have many more women.. I try to stick up for myself and I only get more and more grief.. Now, I hope everyone who has been doing the "trolling" will please stop when it is in reference to me and give me a fair chance befoe you judge so harshly..
Now that I have said my peace, I feel much better!
-Andrea
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
give me a fair chance before you judge so harshly..
View Quote

I agree. Innocent until proven guilty.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, McUzi, whatever.

[bday]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:58:33 PM EDT
[#3]
62 posts in a little more than a day ??????
and your still "saying my piece"
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
BB, stick around. The fact that you have stuck around this long has increased my opinion of ya. Still not quite so sure about everything though.

Also, don't know if anyone every explained to you that not to long ago, I person by the name of SarahJane came here and posted her very first thread like you did...and from what I gathered, turned out to be a troll. Don't know really, didn't follow that thread.

View Quote

Thanks for the encouragement.[:D] No, I never heard about that thread, maybe if I did I wouldn't have acted the way I did right off the bat..
By the way, I have a question for you sweep; how does one become a moderator in here anyway??
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#6]
YOU GO GIRL!!![:D]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#7]
BB- The answer to your question is very simple on how to reach mod stature.  Offer me the most money!  
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Just stick up for yourself. My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted: YOU GO GIRL!!![:D]
View Quote

I'll give you $5.00.

[smoke]

Link Posted: 9/30/2001 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Now, as I do not have any qualms with anyone right now, I also dislike how I am being treated as a half-wit and someone who flaunts their body after making one comment to the fact!
View Quote

Just a suggestion...but if you don't want to be treated as a sex object then you should have chosen a different screen name.  Otherwise do be surprise by the way you are treated.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:28:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
BB- The answer to your question is very simple on how to reach mod stature.  Offer me the most money!  
View Quote

I tried that, and he kept wanting more. Don't do it. Next he'll want a date.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:34:37 AM EDT
[#15]
BB, nix the hyperbole and grow thicker skin.  Honestly, don't take what goes on her, intra-thread, too seriously.  

So far as being a mod, one newfound requirement is you must hate, with a zealous passion, the Dallas Cowgirls.

Glad to see you still here.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 5:16:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Sticks and Stones.. may break my bones....

.....but whips and chains [b]excite[/b] me!

woohoo!

Bulldog Out
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 5:43:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
FYI, I decided to put up a forum for women shooters... think that will alleviate a lot of the BS and joking and allow the serious conversations to take place there while the more fun ones stay here...

]=)

We'll see how it goes and go from there...

-- GB
View Quote

While it does seem like a good idea, just how do you plan on policing it?  I mean all the nutjobs will be all over it in the sad hopes of getting a PICKUP!!  

Sad but true.

Your moderator will have to be right on the ball.......
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 5:46:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Please enter your network password.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 5:49:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:38:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Hang in there Andrea, and ignore the high school crowd.  You know who they are by now.

Talyn
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:56:58 AM EDT
[#21]
you have only been on here a few days and already 60+ posts and you have formed an opinion that the mods are unfair beacuse your BF thread was locked etc etc

Funny how alot of members have been on these boards for quite awhile without problem, but all of a sudden newer members come into someone elses house and say how they think it should be. Stick around,listen and pay a little more attention instead of trying to have a voice about every little troll that screams foul.

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Just a suggestion...but if you don't want to be treated as a sex object then you should have chosen a different screen name. Otherwise do be surprise by the way you are treated. sgtar15
View Quote

Agreed. Might have well picked up a less sexual objective name like Blonde_Bimbo or the like.

From IAJack: you have only been on here a few days and already 60+ posts and you have formed an opinion that the mods are unfair beacuse your BF thread was locked etc etc

Funny how alot of members have been on these boards for quite awhile without problem, but all of a sudden newer members come into someone elses house and say how they think it should be. Stick around,listen and pay a little more attention instead of trying to have a voice about every little troll that screams foul.
View Quote

Another valid observation. This isn't your place, nor mine, but I do know better than to jump in Ms. Bombshell, and expect to tout policy to the moderators (great men and women that they are [:)].

Erasmus hit the nail on the head
Ok, McUzi, whatever.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:19:15 AM EDT
[#23]
BTY: You're more than welcome to play in this sandbox just beware that have to learn how to play by the rules or you are more than welcome to try another place. We like it here just the way it was thanks.

Those sandbox rules include respect for all, all colors, sexes, origins, firearms...
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#24]
my girlfriend reads posts here, and was thinking of registering, but after last weekend's mess, she changed her mind. i don't blame her

i know how the anonymity of the web can cause people to act in a way they would NEVER act if they were face to face, but this is just childish.

by the way, she was going to choose a name that was as non-feminine as possible...why draw extra unwanted attention becuase of your name? she felt people were just adding "miss" or "lady" to their name to point out that they are women, and thus get treated differently.....and not in a good way. maybe that had something to do with the beginning of your problem here.

which brings me to my point, you have to understand that some people here have nothing else to do, and have posted here for a long time, and have freinds that will stick up for whatever they say. if they say the sun is blue, they will have 50 buddies backing them up if you happen to challenge their opinion. no newbie can ever get a fair shake, and as long as you have people waiting for you to post so they can pull your quotes out of your post and turn them around on ya....it's gonna be messy here.

after being a member for a long time, i can tell you that posting as a woman will definately get you attention....if a newbie guy and a girl (with names that make gender obvious) posted the same topic, the guy would get maybe 4 replies, just sticking to the bare bones topic, while the girl's post would have 9 pages with guys asking if they could take her shooting and wipe her ass afterwords.

you would think people would come together for a common cause/hobby, but then again i guess it's just human nature to prove yourself better than the next person (i'm not referring to you or anyone in particular here, just a general statement reflecting many members' attitudes here) and while doing so, these people can't make their own arguements and prove their points without having all their buddies chime in.

it's no wonder i've been here for about 2 years with less posts than people who just signed up last week.

keep in mind i'm not flaming ANYONE here, i'm merely pointing out the weaknesses and problems with this board. although i suspect any board has similar problems. if you think i'm flaming you and feel the need to respond in a negative way, save it.....as you misunderstood my whole post.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Hi Andrea. doe you have posting expereience from any other board? the only reason i'm asking is because you seem at home posting away.

if you might actually be McUzi; how do you feel about the NAACP, Jesse Jackson, and Allen Keyes as president in the future?

Go Allen lib [:D]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#26]
My feeling is to ignore these guys with their wise cracks etc.  If you feel that you have a question to ask, or wish to post an opinion, please feel free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top