Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2001 3:06:58 PM EDT
Just saw Enemy at the Gate.  Good Flick!

Anyhow, I do my Iron Sight shooting both open.  Thought the same would be true of a scoped rifle, but the weak eye was closed by all the snipers in the movie (I realize it is hollywood) and it got me thinking.  I am planning on adding a scope to the AR and was curious as to proper technique.

Opinions?

Zaz
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I close both[:D][;D]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:I close both[:D][;D]
View Quote

you must have really tight groups!

Zaz
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I shoot weak eye closed. don't know about proper technique but I hit my target so it works.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Both eyes open and lids relaxed.

Dave S

Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Both eyes open helps reduce eye fatigue and you are not using muscles to try and keep one eye closed so you are in a more relaxed state. I would recommend that any shooting discipline be shot with both eyes open. A patch or blinder on the weak eye can help.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#6]
depends
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Only my left eye works anymore anyway, so I keep both open.

No, I don't have a Red Ryder BB gun.

I have learned to shoot ambidextrously, since I am right handed, and the accident occured when I was 14.

[;)] Yes, this is how I see!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top