Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2001 8:37:11 PM EDT
howdy folks!! i have been following your boards for a couple of months now  and am convinced that most of you are either obsesive compulsive or just plain old insane...and i thought i would fit right in[}:)] anyway my question...i get the idea that bushmaster is the popular maker for ar15's here but my question is why?  i have yet to purchase one, and would like to have specifics..also what kind of legitimate "excuse" do you guys use to tell your wives why we need such guns(we all know that they look cool and make a big bang sound)

well look forward to being here in this community..

thanks

armed
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the asylum. :)

A lot of people consider Bushmaster rifles to be of the highest quality and that, along with the chrome-lined barrels, is enough to sway people in that direction.

As far as the wife, tell her you need something to protect her honor and the old deer gun just ain't up to the task.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is what I did. I came home from IPSC shoot told my Wife I just bought a Colt AR15 and if she was not going to divorce me over she might as well get over it right now before it starts.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Eagle Arms- Cole Valley, IL is my favorite AR15 variant.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I pay the bills. My wife really is not into guns she can't tell the difference espescialy since there all mainly black in color and most of all I don't tell her.[}:D]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 8:14:33 AM EDT
[#5]
ok...i think i can fool her....what is a good price on a bushmaster flat top shorty? and what do you guys mean when you say "build your own?"

[pyro] [grenade]

armed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top