Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 9/27/2001 9:52:58 PM EDT
Well I've been going back and forth trying to figure out what I want. I need your opinions to maybe tip the balance for me. 1. I have shot the FAL and am impressed with the rifle. It is a little heavy, and I have found little in the way of mounting a scope on it. There are a lot of surplus mags (real cheap). As far as using open sights, I see that my AR is just as if not more accurate and can shoot just as far. 2. A scoped 308 bolt action rifle. I used to own one, and got rid of it several years ago. I was thinking of a Remington 700, and modifying it to a hunting/sniper rifle. The parts are plentiful and scoping is a breeze. Well these are my good points, just looking for your .02! I'm going to a gun show in 2 weeks so, I need to listen to you guys!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 11:15:17 PM EDT
This an apples and oranges question. FAL's are great battle rifles, but they usually are not considered sniper quality--accuracy wise. A fine bolt action, properly scoped and with the right man behind it can hit 6" targets 500yds away. Get both if you can, I did.
Top Top