Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 9/27/2001 4:48:49 PM EDT
A kimber Stainless Target fullsize in .40 S&W http://www.kimberamerica.com/Custom_Custom_Target.htm or a Springfield Tactical Response Pistol http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-pstl-1911-trp.shtml Based on your experience which is better made, more reliable, more accurate of the two. My choices were narrowed down to these two only. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:51:52 PM EDT
For once a clear-cut choice - at least for me. The Springfield TRP.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:54:20 PM EDT
My TRP is the best shooter of my 1911 Lot, you will not be unhappy with it, guaranteed.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:04:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/27/2001 5:06:39 PM EDT by samuraiTy]
the springfield. but what are you gonna use it for? [pistol]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:18:49 PM EDT
I'll use it for carry on and all around. My wife confiscated my brand new Ruger GP100 3" Stainless .357 Magnum and now I need a replacement. I will NOT touch any pistols not Stainless. When I went today at 6 gunshops, all told me that Kimber is better than Springfield hands down. So far you say that Springfiels is better. I,m confused now. Need better/more explanation.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:39:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/27/2001 5:41:19 PM EDT by samuraiTy]
when i was shopping i rulled out .40 cuz i heard that it was a finikey round. True or not i decided to get a 1911 in .45. i was lookin at a springfield or a kimber. the way i see it, the TRP is way better than the kimber clasic custom i bought, but it cost about 2x as much. and since the kimber was a tighter fit and i knew it'd be more acurate than the springfield in my price range thats what i got. im gonna have to get some reliabilty work done on my kimber cuz the chamber is way tight and chokes every now and then, even w/ hardball. It's way more accurate than I am though. I read an article about the FBI tests they did looking for a new service pistol and the springfield entry (essentaly the TRP) was the only one that passed ALL the test. since you got the money get the springfield. hope i made sense, sorry if i didn't.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:50:25 PM EDT
Any more oppinions please...
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:05:52 PM EDT
In that type of gun, I would deffinetly go with the 45 cal. As far as the choice of guns, I have a one of the fist Kimber customs that were made in Oregon, shoots like 2500 dollar gun never james 1" groups without trying. I purchased a loaded spingfield compact ltw. it shot 6" high at20 yards, the first time I cleaned it all the anodizing turned into a big goey mess like wet paint. I know Spingfield makes a good gun but that experiance soured me on them. I took it back and bought another Glock.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:22:44 PM EDT
I love my TRP, never had a malfuntion with it. The only more accurate handgun I own is my P7M10. Incidentally, I'm considering selling my, because I need the money. If you are considering a slightly used SS model, drop me an email.
Top Top