Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2001 10:36:03 AM EDT
Here are some photos that I don't think are "genuine fakes" although I have no idea what year they were taken except that pickup truck (so appropriately labeled I might add) appears to be a fairly late model Toyota Hi-Lux.

[img]http://squash.ils.unc.edu/images/muja.gif[/img]

[img]http://squash.ils.unc.edu/images/stingers.gif[/img]

Sorry if I pissed you off Steel_Rat.  I'm just as upset about the attack as everyone else.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw news footage of the Afghans having a parade like the Russians used to.  Except that there were no smart looking lockstepping soldiers or tanks.  There were a bunch of Toyotas and stingers.  That picture is real.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep in mind that that Toyota design has been around in other countries since the late '80s and just NOW is available this country...

BISHOP
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:18:08 PM EDT
[#3]
hey, look at those dead guys in the back of what used to be a toyota truck.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:29:41 PM EDT
[#4]
They had better save those stingers.  We won't be giving them any more.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#5]
"I have never seen such a worthless bunch of maggot shit in all my life."
-The Shawshank Redemption
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw those same stinger truck mounts in the Cheaper Than Dirt Catalog.

Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:31:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Afghan mobile SAM launcher
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 1:22:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Need an ADA guy to help identify!

To this grunt, they don't look like Stingers.  The "identifer/friend or foe interogator" does not look right.  The blast deflector doesn't look right either.  Is this a Soviet SA-7?
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 3:10:43 AM EDT
[#9]
lol at Pompey.  Hopefully all Toyotas that ended up over there came with factory window tint just like that.  Should give the Wizzos in the F15s a nice place to paint before the drop the GBU.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top