Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2001 8:16:44 PM EDT
I just bought the HALF-LIFE upgrade and add-on game Blue Shift.

It has a graphics upgrade for the original game Half-Life.
The dropped the Glock 17 and replaced it with the Beretta 92!!
That SUCKS!
They should have gone to a 1911 45!
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#1]
They also changed the MP5 to the much more appropriate M16, but of course it's just model switches, so it still takes 9mm.  [>:/]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just bought the HALF-LIFE upgrade and add-on game Blue Shift.

It has a graphics upgrade for the original game Half-Life.
The dropped the Glock 17 and replaced it with the Beretta 92!!
That SUCKS!
They should have gone to a 1911 45!
View Quote

Definitely should have gone with the 1911, .45  or kept the Glock.  Wonder why they decided to go with Beretta 92?  Weird....but cool game.

[uzi]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I assume you guys are talking about the mod that came with Blue Shift.  The images of the weapons improved along with the sound FX, so I'll take it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 3:44:09 AM EDT
[#4]
This is because the game designers have had to deal with some lawsuits in recent years because they used brand-name weapons without getting permission from the manufacturers. Notice the new pistol looks like a Beretta, but isn't called a Beretta.

Hence the oddball weapons in Soldier of Fortune.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:34:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought Blue Shift when it came out.
The AR-15 is cool,but I was VERY dissapointed that it used 9mm.At least they could have made it look like the 9mm AR,with the stick mag.
Well,in Oppossing Force for Half-Life,you can use a 5.56mm SAW.It normally takes just one round of .223 to take down an alien "slave"

Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:04:51 AM EDT
[#6]
So game developers are being sued or discouraged from using brand name weapons? Wonderful. Nevermind the free exposure and advertising. Can you still write books with names of actual companies?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top