Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/25/2017 7:35:25 PM
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 9/26/2001 7:05:28 PM EDT
As the work at the World Trade Center shifts from rescue to recovery, I looked at the rubble and had a thought. Of those 6000+ people missing, I wonder if a person or persons has taken advantage of the situation to “disappear” forever?!! [i]Think about it.[/i] There may have been a businessman facing ruinous business decisions. Someone facing severe criminal or civil court proceedings. Or a person to whom daily life with it’s endless responsibilities and crushed dreams and had just gotten to be overwhelming. On that fateful morning, they should have been at work on a floor near the impact site, but were late. Or they somehow escaped serious injury and found themselves gazing at an engulfed portion that once housed their business. What is certain is that he or she [i]should[/I] have died, would have died, had ‘Fate’ not intervened. Spared a horrible death, but alive to face the ruinous consequences of bad decisions - and the wheels of justice that will certain grind them down when “normal” events return. As they gazed upon the destruction, this person or persons realized that they would be listed as “missing and presumed dead.” With such massive destruction, insurance companies, families, relatives, court officers, and the like could not [i]demand[/I] that a body be presented as proof of demise. So they could have died, maybe they [i]did die?![/I] A unique chance to start over - with a clean slate. Look around, has anyone you know seen you? No?! Walk away quickly, don’t use an ATM or your credit cards! Have you what it takes to live by your wits until you can reconstruct a new person? All these thoughts race through this persons mind as they turned their back on the destruction - and their former life, and walked out of Manhattan with the rest of the terrorized populace. He or she is lying on a bed somewhere tonite, working out the details of a new life. Will they succeed? Can they start over again with a new identity? Will they be able to forsake their previous lives forever? We may never know. But I’m sure it has happened, at least once.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:14:17 AM EDT
ttt
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:18:54 AM EDT
I thought of this too. I'm sure there are some who did this for whatever reason, and I'm sure there are some scumbags who are trying to scam dollars out of it. Just like the ones who see a bus accident & wander into the crowd of passengers then claim they were onboard. It's a shame, but undoubtedly at least one person must have done it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:57:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By PaulieWalnuts: I thought of this too. [/ I'm sure there are some who did this for whatever reason, and I'm sure there are some scumbags who are trying to scam dollars out of it.] Just like the ones who see a bus accident & wander into the crowd of passengers then claim they were onboard. It's a shame, but undoubtedly at least one person must have done it.
View Quote
You mean the "entertainers" who are so graciously giving of thier time to THE CAUSE, and then using the exposure to push movie-cd-whatever sales?............[thinking]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:55:40 AM EDT
That too! [:)]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:37:09 PM EDT
ttt
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:42:58 PM EDT
It certainly would be a perfect oportunity for someone with that sort of mindset.....however, if you realize the situation from both points, it would most likely be a rare case, if at all..................
Top Top