Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2001 2:19:13 PM EDT
According to the women on the show, the President is dealing with this all wrong.  As one of them said, "we're either moving toward love, or moving towards fear."  [puke]  Gloria Steinham thinks women need to rise up together and protest this war mentality (paraphrased) and take a more "rational" approach.  Children were also mentioned somewhere in here.  Also, Madeline, excuse me, Secretary Albright was saying if we overreact Osama wins and if we do nothing, he wins.  I was thinking she's a certified genius! [puke]

(Just so you know, my wife called me and said "if you really want to puke, turn on Oprah right now."  Now you know why I love her!)
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Why are you watching Oprah?

If I know about anything that transpires in the show it's because my wife is watching it and I just happen to hear something. Right?
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I probably speak for everyone here when I say NO!

Kyle
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope, I think you are the only one. Nice cover with the wife thing though. [;)]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
quote]

Thats what i thought when I saw this thread
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 2:46:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm now imagining my wife yelling at the TV at her mom's house.  Her mom's an Oprah fan.  I wonder what Dr. Phil would have said.  I've caught a few of his comments while over at my in-laws, and he seems like a pretty no-nonesense guy.  They should take the show from her and give it to him.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
quote]

Thats what i thought when I saw this thread
View Quote

He's manning the LP/OP for us!  (Better him than me, that's for sure!)
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Madeline Albright?

No.

Madeline Halfbright.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#9]
who in hell on this board watches that shit?
is someone missing there nuts? [:D]

oprag should go back to her 10k man stomps with the other leftist heffers, in hopes of losing 2 pounds while eating 30 pounds of chocolate
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:53:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Fortunately, people like Oprah don't make policy. My bigger concern, though, is why so many people listen to her and her ilk. THAT'S a bigger threat to the American way of life, if you ask me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Who was it who made that comment about the "Oprahization" of America? There you have it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#12]
[i]PYamasaki[/i] summarized my point exactly.  I don't care if 6 people think this way.  It's that [b]thousands[/b] (God help me, millions) of women are influenced by this shallow, feel-good "thinking" they espouse.

Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#13]
My wife said I wasn't allowed to watch Oprah.  :)

If I even catch a glimpse of that fat disgusting blob I'll blow a gasket.

It truly heartens me to come to a place like this and hear how other people feel about that dumb bitch.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:09:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fortunately, people like Oprah don't make policy. My bigger concern, though, is why so many people listen to her and her ilk. THAT'S a bigger threat to the American way of life, if you ask me.
View Quote

Not only do they listen to her,they seem to follow her every word like a bunch of brain dead zombies. The Books-A-Million in my town even has a Oprah Book Club section for those cult members needing instruction on what they should read.[xx(]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I would not show my TV tube that much disrespect.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
[i]PYamasaki[/i] summarized my point exactly.  I don't care if 6 people think this way.  It's that [b]thousands[/b] (God help me, millions) of women are influenced by this shallow, feel-good "thinking" they espouse.

View Quote

hey, i'm working on converting them, but it's a big job for one woman!  [;)]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Soap-on-a-Roprah
[):)]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#18]
... well Gloria Steinham said it anyways, whats the stir?
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#19]
My wife gets really PO'd every time she sees  the way women get treated by the Taliban. Anyone who really loves women would hate everything the Taliban stands for.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#20]
They mentioned that.  Their suggestion was everyone should rise up and protest.  Actually, one of them even (essentially) suggested that we should overthrow their government because what they're doing "is wrong."  Isn't that what the Taliban did using their definitions of right and wrong?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top