Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2001 3:41:50 PM EDT
go to: [URL]http://www.sigarms.com/sigarmsweb/newpro.htm[/URL]

See the icon/picture used for the "State of California Pistols now available?  Is that a red Communist star or is that star on an official Kalifornia emblem???
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The flag in the Sig website is the official flag of Kalifornia with the red star.
http://www.50states.com/californ.htm
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The state flag is different than what's posted on the Sig site, but I've seen that one before.

The red star is in reference to the Lone Star of Texas; the grizzly bear is the state animal.

[fixed typ, type, typoo, typo]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Flag

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1327583&a=11805088&p=42135871[/img]

Seal

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1327583&a=11805088&p=42135870[/img]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Isn't that fitting. [:)]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't believe we have come to State of XXX pistols now available.  Disgusting!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Perhaps it has something to do with SIGARMS new owners.
Unlike the original SIG company (who went totaly pussyfied about firearms) the new owners seem to be real friendly.

About the Kalifornia state flag, hell, with the history behind that flag I think that the TRUE CALIFORNIA PATRIOTS should once again raise it in revolt against the anti-freedom commies that now control Kalifornia!!

The California State Flag
The Bear Flag was first raised on June 14, 1846, at Sonoma by a group of American settlers revolting against the rule of Mexico. The original flag was painted by William Todd.

Pioneer John Bidwell recorded many of the events surrounding the "Bear Flag Revolt" and about the raising of the Bear Flag he wrote, "Another man left at Sonoma was William L. Todd who painted, on a piece of brown cotton, a yard and a half or so in length, with old red or brown paint that he happened to find, what he intended to be a representation of a grizzly bear. This was raised to the top of the staff, some seventy feet from the ground. Native Californians looking up at it were heard to say ‘Coche,’ the common name among them for pig or shoat." Unfortunately, the original Bear Flag, held by the Society of California Pioneers perished in the Great Earthquake and Fire of 1906.

The current California State Flag, adopted by the state legislature in 1911, is based on the original Bear Flag raised by pioneering Americans over Sonoma in 1846. The star was taken from the lone star of Texas. The Bear was representative of the numerous Grizzly Bears in the state and the words "California Republic" testify to the fiesty American pioneers who settled in the territory. However, now the identity of the animal depicted on the flag is not likely to be mistaken for a "coche."
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Too bad there's few, if any, of the grissly bears left. I'd sure like to let a couple loose in the legislature.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Ummmm, I took a look at the link.  What's so bad about a list of what Sig pistols are "approved" for sale in Kalifornia and Mas?
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 11:34:46 PM EDT
[#10]
[IMG]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1003517&a=7384367&p=39336309&Sequence=0[/IMG]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 11:51:52 PM EDT
[#11]
So they're too busy testing guns now huh?

Watch out for some of those P229's.

They should have just produced it entirely in Germany.

I believe my barrel/slide fit could be a little better.

Is this what happens when the slide and frame are made on different continents thousands of miles apart?

I think I'll stick to 100% German manufacture Sig's from now on.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:24:00 AM EDT
[#12]
It is starting to feel like "Red Dawn"
"The commies own Kali now, we have a resistance, but they are slowly being disarmed, or retreating to the Nevada front."
[uzi]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:31:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Speaking of SIG, I want a 550 or 551 rifle really bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.  Our crap is falling behind.

There are quite a few new rifle designs that we can't get or can only get "US" version etc.  It must suck to be a weapon manufacturer and have to decide whether or not to make a candy ass US version.  Then watch your product get de-nutted as it leaves the factory with a fixed stock and a mag smaller than most pistols!
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:36:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Is that the Russian bear along with the infamous "red star" whose the woman with the armor plated bra?....is that you madonna?
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 6:25:50 AM EDT
[#15]
mattja, the last of the California grizzlies died in the 1920's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top