Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2001 10:18:46 AM EDT
My Apology…

I said the wrong thing, in the wrong way, and I was banned and my account was cancelled.

I want to say that I am sorry for stating my case in a "Shit-Head" way. I really didn't intend to upset everyone the way that I did. I have read, and re-read what I posted, and, as some have indicated, what I said came across as me being a real POS. Beyond a real POS. Well, I have to agree with all of the comments about my post. And, for this particular post, I am truly sorry.

I have nothing but admiration and deep respect for all of the Policemen, Firefighters, and EMS personnel who are part of the rescue at the World Trade Center. And, contrary to the post, I do see them as Heroes.

Anyway, I do enjoy this Board, and for the most part all of the good people there, as well as the good information that can be found on the board.

Again, I apologize for my actions, and any bad feelings that my actions caused.

Thanks, Glenn (contras21)

Link Posted: 9/24/2001 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Guys, this comes as a very sincere and unsolicited apology!

I received a very formal apology from him over the weekend, and said that only the person who actually LOCKED his account can unlock it, for ethical reasons.  I did however state that this apology would go a very long way if given publicy, but also know that this was not required of anyone.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 11:17:21 AM EDT
[#3]
not my call but I say unlock it.

Thanks Contras.

Zaz
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I never believed he really meant it in the first place, no one is that lame.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#5]

They were only doing what they were PAID to do.

They are NOT heroes!! Again...they were PAID to do that they did!

The real HEROES were the ones who PUT DOWN THE PLANE that was indended to strike elsewhere...

And, if you have a problem with this statement, then you are out of touch with reality...

And if you have a problem with this...GFY!!!
View Quote

As the brother of a firefighter, who risked his ass long before he ever got paid to do it, I'm having a hard time accepting this apology, especially with the force the original insult was presented.

Out of respect for other members and the operators of this board, I'm holding back my true feelings about your newly found remorse.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They were only doing what they were PAID to do.

They are NOT heroes!! Again...they were PAID to do that they did!

The real HEROES were the ones who PUT DOWN THE PLANE that was indended to strike elsewhere...

And, if you have a problem with this statement, then you are out of touch with reality...

And if you have a problem with this...GFY!!!
View Quote

As the brother of a firefighter, who risked his ass long before he ever got paid to do it, I'm having a hard time accepting this apology, especially with the force at which it was offered.

Out of respect for other members and the operators of this board, I'm holding back my true feelings about your newly found remorse.
View Quote

I understand, and again, I apologize.

I was out of line, and when I posted that...I was indeed a POS, whether it was meant or not...and no, I am not "that lame"...just sometimes a Jerk.

edited for spelling.

Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#7]
GFY?

That is pretty strong stuff.

Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:15:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
GFY?

That is pretty strong stuff.

View Quote

Again, I was being a Jerk...I didn't mean for it to come across that way, but it did, and there isn't much more that I can say to justify my post...There was no real justification for it. I am not going to offer excuses for my post. It was posted and now I have to take the heat for it.

If the members that I offended with my post wish me to Go Somewhere Else, let me know and I will make it happen.

Out.

Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I remember Captain Obvious was given a second chance, and even though C.O. repeated his stupidity, I think contras21 should get the same chance. I too said some things that I had to retract later on the day of the attack, and Chimbo accepted my apology, so I say give the man a second chance.  Just my opinion.

Edited for clarification of who repeated their stupidity

Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I never saw the original, but like Gus said...if Captain O was given another chance, so should he.  Besides, Captain O was repeatedly and intentionally antagonistic to members of this board.

Many of us have lost our heads a time or two...

Chimborazo
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, a second chance is fair.

Maybe there can be probationary periods for first time offenders??  [:)]

At least those that apologize sincerely.

NO third chances for anyone though!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#12]
This board is notorious for some of the members posturing and talking tough. But some times the true measure of how tough a man is his willingness to humble himself and apologize when he knows he has been out of line.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#14]

What's wrong with that. You expressed your feelings very strongly out of emotion to an event that has effected the entire world.

I hate apologies. The right people don't need it and don't want it. The wrong people try to convince you and make you feel you are wrong for being honest about your feelings. When you express your feelings that strongly initially, an attempt at an apology afterwards is almost a second insult. Don't sweat it.

I'm guessing that is was the "GFY" comment that did the trick.

Link Posted: 9/24/2001 5:06:33 PM EDT
[#15]
All of us are so into our "right to bear arms", well what about our "right to free speech"?

Contras original post was directed at people that I work with, people who arent around anymore to defend themselves, therefore I took serious offense to his words

BUT (theres always a but) I beleive that his apology is sincere, and I would like his account to be re-activated.  He cant take back what he originally said, but he CAN regret it.

I understand his predicament because I have posted a couple of things that I immediately wished I could take back.  I got lots of hate mail and got seriously flamed for my insensitive comments.  Judging by everyones reaction, they showed me I WAS WRONG.  It happens.

You are NOT a POS (even though I called you one), you just didnt think before you spoke.  Like I said, it happens.  We all learn from it.

Lets get over this and redirect our anger where it belongs........at BIN LADEN.  

Contras, if you go back to the original post, you will see that immediately after venting on you for what you said, I rethought my reply and said you are entitled to your own opinion, and you should NOT be banned.  You are entitled to your own opinion, whether we like it or not.

Anyways, can someone please make sure that this gets to whoever banned Contras? (RBAD I think)

And RBAD, please get back to me on his account status.......I think he should be given a second chance.   He doesnt sound like such a bad guy at all.  Anyone who will admit when they are wrong and apologize is a man in my book.

Contras, drop me an email and lemme know whats going on.  Ill harass whoever banned you if I have to.  Keep me updated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top