Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 9/24/2001 7:00:09 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/24/2001 7:19:32 AM EST by Quarterbore]
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/633033.asp[/url] Lord, grant me the strength, courage and resolve of those that have left this world before me, for this is a hero beyond comparison!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:05:15 AM EST
"Let's roll." --Last words of UA Flight 93 over rural Pennsylvania, overheard by a Verizon operator.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:10:23 AM EST
And he was not interested in reviewing his life, or whispering sweet nothings to the telephone, I assure you. He was problem solving and he was going to take care of it and come on home.
View Quote
A man. If only there were more of them in America today.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:35:07 AM EST
Originally Posted By bigdb1:
And he was not interested in reviewing his life, or whispering sweet nothings to the telephone, I assure you. He was problem solving and he was going to take care of it and come on home.
View Quote
A man. If only there were more of them in America today.
View Quote
You won't find them in the public schools or Universities of this country. They are a dying breed. People who aren't sheep are immediately labeled as troublemakers by the system, and eventually get re-educated or removed from it. Or, like most of us, they just withdraw a little and keep to themselves. God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:52:04 AM EST
The spirit of individualism is not dead, remember the old 80/20 rule. It is alive and well. They also had the advantage that they knew that 2 planes hit the WTC.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:18:45 AM EST
Tom Burnet Jr.'s name came to the front almost right away as the one who organized the re-taking of the plane. There were others, but Tom is 100% an American Hero to me. I saw dateline last night about him and he seemed like a very nice man. He deserves the MOH and his family be taken care until his daughters are out of college.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 11:47:06 AM EST
One of the other guys that helped him was supposedly a huge Judo champion.......I hope he broke some Tango's bones before they bought it.... God Bless them Bulldog Out
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 11:56:51 AM EST
Originally Posted By GodBlessTexas: You won't find them in the public schools or Universities of this country. They are a dying breed. People who aren't sheep are immediately labeled as troublemakers by the system, and eventually get re-educated or removed from it. Or, like most of us, they just withdraw a little and keep to themselves. God Bless Texas
View Quote
...Your response reminds me of an old quote: "The fact is that the average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary, exactly like his love of sense, justice and truth. He is not actually happy when free; he is uncomfortable, a bit alarmed, and intolerably lonely. Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty -- and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies."-- H.L. Mencken, February 12, 1923, Baltimore Evening Sun
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 4:32:10 PM EST
Originally Posted By Quarterbore: [url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/633033.asp[/url] Lord, grant me the strength, courage and resolve of those that have left this world before me, for this is a hero beyond comparison!
View Quote
DITTO!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 4:50:17 PM EST
Rest in Peace Brother, Rest in Peace
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 4:56:34 PM EST
Do you reckon they seized control right before or right after the sidewinder missiles from the F-16 (or maybe F-15?) slammed into the wing and brought the plane down?
Top Top