Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2001 8:00:09 AM EDT
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/633033.asp[/url]

Lord, grant me the strength, courage and resolve of those that have left this world before me, for this is a hero beyond comparison!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:05:15 AM EDT
[#1]
"Let's roll."
--Last words of UA Flight 93 over rural Pennsylvania, overheard by a Verizon operator.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:10:23 AM EDT
[#2]
And he was not interested in reviewing his life, or whispering sweet nothings to the telephone, I assure you. He was problem solving and he was going to take care of it and come on home.
View Quote

A man. If only there were more of them in America today.

Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:35:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
And he was not interested in reviewing his life, or whispering sweet nothings to the telephone, I assure you. He was problem solving and he was going to take care of it and come on home.
View Quote

A man. If only there were more of them in America today.
View Quote

You won't find them in the public schools or Universities of this country.  They are a dying breed.  People who aren't sheep are immediately labeled as troublemakers by the system, and eventually get re-educated or removed from it.  Or, like most of us, they just withdraw a little and keep to themselves.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#4]
The spirit of individualism is not dead, remember the old 80/20 rule.  It is alive and well.  They also had the advantage that they knew that 2 planes hit the WTC.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Tom Burnet Jr.'s name came to the front almost right away as the one who organized the re-taking of the plane. There were others, but Tom is 100% an American Hero to me. I saw dateline last night about him and he seemed like a very nice man. He deserves the MOH and his family be taken care until his daughters are out of college.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#6]
One of the other guys that helped him was supposedly a huge Judo champion.......I hope he broke some Tango's bones before they bought it....

God Bless them

Bulldog Out
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You won't find them in the public schools or Universities of this country.  They are a dying breed.  People who aren't sheep are immediately labeled as troublemakers by the system, and eventually get re-educated or removed from it.  Or, like most of us, they just withdraw a little and keep to themselves.

God Bless Texas
View Quote

...Your response reminds me of an old quote:

"The fact is that the average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary, exactly like his love of sense, justice and truth. He is not actually happy when free; he is uncomfortable, a bit alarmed, and intolerably lonely. Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty -- and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies."-- H.L. Mencken, February 12, 1923, Baltimore Evening Sun
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/633033.asp[/url]

Lord, grant me the strength, courage and resolve of those that have left this world before me, for this is a hero beyond comparison!
View Quote

DITTO!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Rest in Peace Brother, Rest in Peace
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Do you reckon they seized control right before or right after the sidewinder missiles from the F-16 (or maybe F-15?) slammed into the wing and brought the plane down?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top