Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2007 9:11:29 PM EDT
Silly question to ask but I'm curious.

When I was younger, I used to toss and turn all the time. When I would wake up in the morning, my bed sheet would be strewn everywhere and in all different manner of disarray.

In the last year or so, I've noticed that I no longer really move at all while I'm sleeping. I sleep with 1 sheet and 2 quilts (none of which are tucked in when I go to bed). When I wake up every morning all three are still layered perfectly from when I went to bed, and only are moved when I pull them away to get out of bed. All I have to do to make my bed is pull them back over the bed again.

What are y'all moving habits while you sleep like?
Link Posted: 2/2/2007 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#1]
#2... But, I shit you not... The current gf is a nightmare to sleep with: She farts in her sleep, talks, snores, and is a general PITA to spend the night with.

We are going out of town in a week... I booked a room with two seperate beds.

...Her saving grace is that she is fun and will talk dirty while I'm banging her.

Her farts really stink too.
Link Posted: 2/2/2007 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#2]
only if i am not naked. I cannot sleep with any clothes on, been like that as long as I can remember.
Link Posted: 2/2/2007 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I move all over the place. Many mornings I wake up with the sheets loose from at least one corner of the mattress. I also sleepwalk, sometimes I will wake up in a different room than the one I went to sleep in. I do not rest when I sleep.

Link Posted: 2/2/2007 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been told I turn like a rotisserie chicken in my sleep.  Also sing talk and shout.
Link Posted: 2/2/2007 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I move all over the place. Many mornings I wake up with the sheets loose from at least one corner of the mattress. I also sleepwalk, sometimes I will wake up in a different room than the one I went to sleep in. I do not rest when I sleep.

I used to sleepwalk all the time too. I'd scare the shit out of my mom because I would also start screaming obscenities while I slept and she was across the hall. One of her favorite stories is when I was screaming about how the F'n T-1000 was coming to get all of us!
Link Posted: 2/2/2007 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Sometimes I wake up Unconscious.....
Link Posted: 2/2/2007 10:34:25 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife tends to point out that restless leg syndrome commercial and says I do that in my sleep.  She also says I speak foreign languages and think aloud in my sleep.  Must be the enormous amounts of caffiene I drink during the day.

I went for a sleep study and lo and behold!  I also have sleep apnea
Link Posted: 2/2/2007 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't move , I might wake up half way through the and one side is "heavy" from not having moved for hours.

Then I lay back down on the other side and don't move for several more hours.

I wake up rested.

Select Comfort bed. number 35
Link Posted: 2/2/2007 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Practically dead here.
Link Posted: 2/2/2007 10:38:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I toss and turn and wake up 10 times per night. i should go for a sleep study
Link Posted: 2/2/2007 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#11]
i move a damn lot. i think its just because i have a lot on my mind. im better about it on days off from work
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 3:46:06 AM EDT
[#12]
BECAUSE my diet is high in fruits and vegetables, I release enormous amounts of flatulence during the night.  This flatulence is both startlingly lound and nauseatingly offensive.

My moving usually results from being awakened by the sound (and trying to get comfortable again) OR moving to escape the un-holy stench (and trying to find uncontaminated air).
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 3:58:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Most nights, just before I actually drop off, I suddenly stiffen and sometimes twitch hard enough to hop up into the air an inch or so.
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 4:11:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I used to toss and turn all night. I woke up frequently (approx every 45minutes to 1 hour).
This all stopped when I started taking Lunesta at bed time, now I get a solid 6 to 7 hours sleep.
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 5:35:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Ohhh, the stories I have been told about my sleep. I have an ex-wife that I apparenlty yelled at about her forklift f\driving skills. Jumped on top of her in my sleep and pinned her down and almost cleaned her clock, but that was after i got a phone call a week before from the wife of the guy she was sleeping with. I have gotten up in the middle of the night and grabbed my snake stick and tried to catch an immaginary rattlesnake and copperhead in my sleep. had a 7ft. boa constrictor get out of its cage beside the bed and crawl between us and lay there till morning and neither of us knew it.
i have always slept walked and sometimes i wake up in the spare bedroom and sometimes on the couch. before i found out I was diabetic, I would get up to get alot of water inthe night. once in a while i get up and eat.
I have a job that is apparenly on my mind a good bit so I talk in my sleep about work. I laugh in my sleep sometimes. I was told by my doctor that i have the restless leg syndrome but i think he is an idiot. i dont do it in my sleep but while awake my legs are constanly going.
I dont really have any great dreams anymore. I used to take prozac back when it came out and I had some really weird dreams back then and some really good dreams.
I have only ever had one wet dream and that was when I was like 15.
I sleep pretty good but dont always feel rested. Sometimes I move alot and sometimes I dont. I'm not real big on the 8 hrs if sleep thing. I can manage on 4 and 5 or 6 is ideal for me. I always feel like my time is wasted while asleep.
The wife on the other hand makes it her mission to take control of as much of the bed as possible and leave my 300 lbs. ass with just enough room to get into bed.
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 5:38:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 5:56:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I toss and turn and wake up 10 times per night. i should go for a sleep study

No just exercise for half an hour a day - swim, jog, etc. You'll sleep like a log, fall asleep right away and won't wake up groggy.
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 5:58:07 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
BECAUSE my diet is high in fruits and vegetables, I release enormous amounts of flatulence during the night.  This flatulence is both startlingly lound and nauseatingly offensive.

My moving usually results from being awakened by the sound (and trying to get comfortable again) OR moving to escape the un-holy stench (and trying to find uncontaminated air).

eat more yogurt.
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 5:59:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Good question, but I couldn't vote....

There was no choice for...."I'm asleep, how would I know?"

Link Posted: 2/3/2007 6:06:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Like any good Arfcommer, I got both.

Some nights I spin like a rotisserie, and some nights I wake up with one arm literally dead for minutes since I've been sleeping on it so long.
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 7:36:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
some nights I wake up with one arm literally dead for minutes since I've been sleeping on it so long.

Oh man, I hate that. i pretty much always wake up with my arm under my head and hand hanging off of the bed. It will be dead asleap and takes a bit to get the feeling back.
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#22]
I wake up and look over at this chick lying there, and say who the fuck are you?
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Constantly moving and waking up.
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 7:42:46 AM EDT
[#24]
I rarely get good sleep. Time for a new bed.
Having noisy, dirtbag, POS, wigger, fast and furious
neighbors does not help either
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

eat more yogurt.

Really?
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Yes, I roll around a lot. My bed isn't very comfy. I need to upgrade to something softer soon.
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#27]
My g/f wont sleep in the same bed with me because she says I kick like a soccer star all night.
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I sleep with 3 blankets and 1 sheet and generally wake up with just 1 blanket and everything else either on the floor or bunched up at the foot of the bed.
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 3:42:28 PM EDT
[#29]
I have never had a problem sleeping (knock wood).  It's unusual that I twist and turn a lot, unless it's really hot in the room.

It's the mornings I have the trouble with.  I need an urn of coffee just to get me going.
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 3:43:53 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm constantly tossing and turning...

at home I have one of those sleep number beds... doesn't help

at school I got one of those memory foam things you lay on top of the bed.  Better than just the regular bed... still doesn't help with the tossing and turning.
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#31]
At home, I wake up 2-3 times a night.

When i'm deployed, i sleep like a rock. I've slept through mortar attacks.

makes absolutely no sense to me.
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I move all over the place. Many mornings I wake up with the sheets loose from at least one corner of the mattress.

Ditto. One time I woke up on my bed and all the sheets were on the floor and I was curled in the fetal position.
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 4:02:25 PM EDT
[#33]
The other night i dreamed i was a muffler. I woke up exhausted.
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#34]
I toss and turn a bit.

Once woke up with just a sheet and two blankets on the floor.  The blankets, I shit you not, were neatly folded and stacked on top of each other.

I never could explain that one.  I'm not an absolute slob, but I certainly don't fold my fking blankets.

- BG
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#35]
I used to wake up a lot but started keeping a 12 guage 18" pump loaded with 00 buckshot handy.   I sleep pretty good now.
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Secret to a happy marriage - queen bed with king sheets and comforters

Note:  disregard what ever swingsets says about the above advice
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#37]
They call me "The Tornado."  
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 8:50:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

eat more yogurt.

Really?

and take a melatonin tablet.....very restful sleep
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#39]

Do You Toss & Turn Alot In Your Sleep?

Yes.  What could it mean?  Am I going to die??  OMG!

Link Posted: 2/3/2007 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top