Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2001 9:46:19 AM EDT
(CNN)
September 22, 2001 Posted: 1:13 p.m. EDT (1713 GMT)

An official has said there was definitely some shouting, but it is not clear who was in control of the plane before it crashed. Several family members of passengers have previously described cell phone conversations saying there might be an attempt to re-take control of the plane.

Officials say the voice recorder was able to pick up scuffling sounds.

Terrorists hijacked four commercial jets early on September 11. Two of them slammed into the World Trade Center's twin towers in New York, and a third hit the Pentagon in Washington.

But Flight 93 -- which departed Newark, New Jersey, en route to San Francisco, California, and turned around over Cleveland, Ohio, to head back toward the east -- never reached its target, which remains unknown.
View Quote

A plane full of hero's!  I hope they got some payback before the plane hit the ground....

Link Posted: 9/22/2001 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I've wondered where that jet was enroute to and how many lives they saved by fighting back.  I hate flying in jets so I would probably not ever be in their position, but have tried to imagine what I would have done.  They are heroes in my book of the highest caliber.

Kiwi
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top